Occasional Contributor

Does anyone have any experience with taking Lupron injections? Would be curious to hear about your experiences and/or side effects.

Thanks.

Super Contributor

This has been asked before on this forum so you will get different opinions about Lupron. I did not have any side effects with 6 months of treatment and it helped get the progress of my endometriosis to slow down. Good luck with whatever you decide and with whatever is ailing you.

Honored Contributor

@PinkyPetunia5

Have done it twice- once, with the one month injection to start, and then two of the three month injections.

I did it again about 7 years later, but this time I just did the two three month injections.

The first time I felt IMMEDIATELY better.  The second time I think was less effective, but my doctor said that you are not supposed to do more than one course (6 months total) in a lifetime because it sucks the calcium from your bones.

It was about $400 a co-payment, if I recall correctly.

Respected Contributor

A friend of mine didn't have any problems at all. The problems I had was really bad hot flashes, jaw popping, & my hip bones hurt really bad. At times felt like they where gonna break. The only thing I liked about the shot was it stopped my period while I was on it.