Honored Contributor

Re: Lots of pain from radiation treatments

@nova wrote:

@just bee   Your positive attitude is an inspiration.  Stay strong and know there are a lot of people rooting for you.Heart

@nova 

Thank you by Sathish kumar on Dribbble

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@nova wrote:

@just bee   Your positive attitude is an inspiration.  Stay strong and know there are a lot of people rooting for you.Heart

@nova 

@just bee 

Yes, it is.

And yes, there are!!❤️

IMG_2046.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

Bee Thank You | Alex Clark Art

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 - Please check in with us to let us know how you are doing.

I am praying that you have gotten through the last of your treatment and are on the road to full recovery right now. 

All the best, and only the best, to you!

Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 I had very similar experiences when I had to go through radiation.  Only I called it pot roast boob--because I felt like I had an overdone pot roast on my chest.  My radiation oncologist thought that was hilarious because she had never heard that before.  The radiation nurse mixed up a magic potion of lidocaine and aquaphor because my nipple was so tender.  It really helped.

I made my own potion for the other--calendula lotion mixed with aquaphor.  Calendula is a natural burn salve, but it wasn't emollient enough on its own--hence the mixture.

Hang in there--I will tell you that the 'burn' mark seems like it is forever.  I finished my treatment in January 2020 and still have the 'burn'.  My friend who went through it last year made the same comment.

Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 Please check in to let us know how you are, and know that you are in my daily prayers. Please stay strong.

@just bee congrats, I hope you are feeling good and are healthy!

Lynn-Critter Lover!
(especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 

Sending hopeful thoughts that today is a good, peaceful day for you.   

This time last year my husband was nearing the end of his radiation treatments.  He had a quarter size burn within 2 weeks of the last treatment, in the area of the tumor.  That skin is quite dark now and hard as a rock!   He has had 2 MRIs this year, and we finally saw the radiation oncologist last week to learn radiation did help to stabilize the cancer, which was the best news we could expect with his situation.  My husband identified his pain coming from the area on his back where the skin is dark and hard.  The Dr. says radiation has hardened that muscle, and it is the source of his pain.  Nothing we can do about it, but at least we have an answer.  

Continued prayers and good wishes for you thru this life changing experience!

Honored Contributor

@We rescue cats wrote:

@hyacinth003 Please check in to let us know how you are, and know that you are in my daily prayers. Please stay strong.

@just bee congrats, I hope you are feeling good and are healthy!

@We rescue cats 

Home Of The Happy Hive: May 2010