Honored Contributor

Does anyone have one?

I realized that from the description it's pretty much made for people like me, with the multiple specific problems I have, so I bit the bullet and ordered one. Although there are people who say it didn't do anything for them, most of the reviews here and on Amazon say it has helped.

I've already shelled out $$ in the past year for a "corset" back belt, a device specifically for piriformis syndrome that costs alot more than the Lo-Bak Trax, and many sessions of PT - none of which ultimately worked, so what's a few bucks more. Sigh.

The particular back belt I have is a PITA to deal with and only gives me about an extra 45 min without pain. A different one might be more helpful but I've been reluctant to spend more $$ on one. The piriformis device was bizarrely complicated to get "right", especially with arthritis, and I was never sure I did. It didn't feel like I was getting any stretch. The PT worked for 24 hrs and back to square one, each time. Home exercises, same thing - I doubt I was doing them 100% correctly so kinda pointless if you're doing them wrong.

This contraption seems pretty foolproof as far as position and all that - only one general way to use it, simple and obvious, though it can be tweaked for different spots in the back. It also seems as if you almost couldn't use it absolutely "wrong."

Anyone used one? Thoughts? I'm firmly committed to give it a good try-out, because I want it to work.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Re: Lo-Bak Trax

[ Edited ]

I have it and used it while I had a seriously hurt back last year for several months.

Thumbs up from me.  I really think it helped in conjunction with some other things I did.  

It is totally fool proof.  Just place it on your legs while lying down and push.

I'm glad you reminded me to pull it out and start it up again.  It's a great back stretch.  

I hope you have the same success I did.  There is nothing worse than being in constant pain.  

Honored Contributor

I bought one a while back since it was touted to be able to do what you can't do yourself.  Well, I can do by myself better than that contraption.  

One of my back exercises is to lay on the floor on my back with bent knees, same position as when using the Lo-Bak thingie, and squeeze everything so that the back touches the floor.  I believe that is the same presmise as the Lo-Bak.  I actually can do that better myself than with the Lo-Bak.  I tried it for a few weeks, didn't feel anything (better or worse), then put it in my donation box because it was just a pain to remember to take out and use.

And I can do piriformis exercises with better results by myself too.  

But it as you say, many people swear by it, which is why I ordered it in the first place.  Maybe you'll be one of them.  Good luck.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14, thanks for your input.

Although I have arthritis, and do have degenerative disc disease which causes intermittent sciatica, much of my everyday pain is simple tight muscles - very tight muscles that are so tight simple exercises don't have much effect. I have hopes the stretching aspect of this thing will be easy to do so I'll do it much more willingly and more often, with greater effect. Even if I "could" use other, cheaper modalities, on trying to do things on my own, considering they haven't worked on me, my body, it's worth paying for something that works and makes it simple.

People on Amazon were saying you could use a broom handle across your thighs, a stick, a pole, etc - but as someone else said to that, "oww!" The Bak Trax is padded, and shaped to the thighs, and won't bruise you, lol.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde  Unless they are Hercules with a steel broom stick, no comparison.  

I really wish I could be a little bit stronger to really stretch it further but I get a very nice stretch.  

I'm really glad you reminded me of it.  It makes you feel good too after you rest after each one like it says to do and just lay there and let your body come apart and back together.

Just 5-10 minutes and it's a nice feeling.  I have no complaints.   

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde  I bought one of these for my daughter who has occassional lower back pain.  She used it when she got the pain and it did help her.  I only wish she would use more often as a type of maintenance as opposed to using it only when she feels lower back pain.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde

I absolutely love this gizmo ! As a person who had debilitating low back spasms that would put me out of commission on a regular basis, I tried this out of desperation after spending lots of time and money at the chiropractor, with no real relief. From the very first time I used it, I have been PAIN FREE ! Now I use it nearly every day for maintenance. (:

Respected Contributor

I have one and it helps so much.   I have sciatica - sneezing can bring it on sometimes.   I can feel the release of pressure on that nerve instantly. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @Bri36@Azcowgirl@ciao_bella

I do have sciatica, and other issues caused by tight muscles. Loosening those muscles is what I need and this seems like a simple, straightforward, effective way to do it.

I'll likely be doing it morning, mid day and evening at least, to start with. And I too will try hard, if/when my back improves, to keep using it for maintenance and not slack off when I feel better. I intend to, anyway ;-)

Contributor

I have one and it helps my low back pain a lot..    I have a disl problem that slips if I do something dumb like lift a heavy plant..   I use this and it is very helpful in releasinjg pressurle off the disks..   Love it!!