Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 35,151
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Linzess -- Anyone have any experience with this?

@AngelPuppy1@KingstonsMom

 

@KingstonsMom

 

Our DD is same. I think every female in my family has grown up with constipation!

 

@AngelPuppy1

 

I left my GIs office in October with a grocery bag of “Halloween Treats!” free samples of Linzess.

His advice to me worked...put miralax in bottled water and drink all day every day until successful.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
New Contributor
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎04-02-2011

Re: Linzess -- Anyone have any experience with this?

I have been on Linzess for several years.  I take it in the morning every other day with results in about 4 hours.  I would not advise taking it at night.  No side effects whatsoever.  This is the only drug that has consistently worked for me.  I should mention that I take Metamucil and magnesium citrate every morning and I think that this helps with not having the diarrhea effect that you sometimes get with Linzess.  Hope this helps.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,263
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Linzess -- Anyone have any experience with this?

Acupuncture takes care of this problem for me.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,354
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Linzess -- Anyone have any experience with this?


@phoenixbrd wrote:
Common side effects of Linzess include:
  • diarrhea,
  • stomach/abdominal pain or discomfort,
  • gas,
  • bloating,
  • heartburn,
  • vomiting,
  • headache, or.
  • cold symptoms such as stuffy nose, sneezing, or sinus pain.

 

 Sorry you are having gastro issues, seems like this might harm more than help.. For me, I would be hesitant to add meds to an already compromised body.  Everyone has a different way of dealing with physical issues.  I tend to be old school and keep things very simple and give my body a break if stressed. The energy that goes towards digesting can go towards healing. Also steamed veggies can add  fiber to my system in a natural way.   I hope you are able to find relief from your symptoms and that you feel better soon. 


My GI specialist had me on this and it worked pretty well; we also discussed that for IBS w/Constipation adding MORE fiber isnt always a good idea and can complicate matters.

 

Please leave this to the pros, not on a shopping forum, myself included.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,594
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Linzess -- Anyone have any experience with this?


@LTT1 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1@KingstonsMom

 

@KingstonsMom

 

Our DD is same. I think every female in my family has grown up with constipation!

 

@AngelPuppy1

 

I left my GIs office in October with a grocery bag of “Halloween Treats!” free samples of Linzess.

His advice to me worked...put miralax in bottled water and drink all day every day until successful.


@LTT1

I am not sure I understand what you have posted.  Are you taking the Linzess in addition to taking miralax all day??  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,594
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Linzess -- Anyone have any experience with this?


@newnana3 wrote:

I have been on Linzess for several years.  I take it in the morning every other day with results in about 4 hours.  I would not advise taking it at night.  No side effects whatsoever.  This is the only drug that has consistently worked for me.  I should mention that I take Metamucil and magnesium citrate every morning and I think that this helps with not having the diarrhea effect that you sometimes get with Linzess.  Hope this helps.


@newnana3

I read about Linzess and know that diarrhea can happen.  Scary thought and not pleasant either!  I always thought that Metamucil and magnaseium citrate would make you "go more"???  This is confusing to me.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,594
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Linzess -- Anyone have any experience with this?


@maestra wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:
Common side effects of Linzess include:
  • diarrhea,
  • stomach/abdominal pain or discomfort,
  • gas,
  • bloating,
  • heartburn,
  • vomiting,
  • headache, or.
  • cold symptoms such as stuffy nose, sneezing, or sinus pain.

 

 Sorry you are having gastro issues, seems like this might harm more than help.. For me, I would be hesitant to add meds to an already compromised body.  Everyone has a different way of dealing with physical issues.  I tend to be old school and keep things very simple and give my body a break if stressed. The energy that goes towards digesting can go towards healing. Also steamed veggies can add  fiber to my system in a natural way.   I hope you are able to find relief from your symptoms and that you feel better soon. 


My GI specialist had me on this and it worked pretty well; we also discussed that for IBS w/Constipation adding MORE fiber isnt always a good idea and can complicate matters.

 

Please leave this to the pros, not on a shopping forum, myself included.


@maestra

 

Oh, definitely.  As I posted, I am going to my gastro. dr. next week.  I just wanted to see if anyone here had any experience with this medication --- good or bad.  Thanks!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor
Posts: 35,151
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Linzess -- Anyone have any experience with this?

@AngelPuppy1

 

I have not taken the Linzess ...sorry if I didn’t make that clear.

Since Miralax works if I take enough of it, I have not ventured into Linzess Land!

 

I hope you have luck finding something that works for you.

Note: the reason I posted what I did is because I needed more, not different. After checking with my GI I found out Miralax — all day long but mixed either stronger or sipping it all day after mixing in a regular bottle of water — works by day 2. 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,594
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Linzess -- Anyone have any experience with this?


@LTT1 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1

 

I have not taken the Linzess ...sorry if I didn’t make that clear.

Since Miralax works if I take enough of it, I have not ventured into Linzess Land!

 

I hope you have luck finding something that works for you.

Note: the reason I posted what I did is because I needed more, not different. After checking with my GI I found out Miralax — all day long but mixed either stronger or sipping it all day after mixing in a regular bottle of water — works by day 2. 


@LTT1

 

Thanks for clarifying!  I looked up Miralax and it says not to use longer than 7 days.  So, I guess this is not something you generally use every day.  I don't know.  I am going to try this stuff and see what kind of reaction I have.  Then when I go next week I can tell him I tried it -- good or bad.  Thanks! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor
Posts: 35,151
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Linzess -- Anyone have any experience with this?

@AngelPuppy1

 

I thought that too, about the miralax, but maybe you could call their office and ask if it is ok to use longer than 7 days?

Because what the miralax label MIGHT mean is this: “Don’t take this for more than 7 days unless your doctor has told you to.”

 

The doctor (or his nurse) will be the one to weigh the benefit vs risk of anything you want to try?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~