Respected Contributor

Re: Lessman July schedule is up

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I'll be intersted to see how the new Marine Collagen with MSM compares to what I currently take.  I can never get enough stuff for my joints ;o)

I'll be getting the ceramides to try for sure.  I love trying new things.

I am glad he's making the extreme dark chocolate, but I am really not interested in this product.  I like the cholestacare/fibermucil just fine.

I looked on HSN and Procaps for the Phytoceramide reviews and there wasn't a single review yet.  I will most likely buy it too after I hear his presentation.  

Respected Contributor

Thank you @bebe777 for the update....My new fav or me is the Florify!...

I was hoping for the special to be that, but if it's free shipping that helps on everything!

Honored Contributor

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27312122

Interesting study on ceramides (oral and topical).

I was looking at my list from last time.  We still haven't gotten a presentation on Berberine or the PQQ right?

And we never got an internet show.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27312122

Interesting study on ceramides (oral and topical).

I was looking at my list from last time.  We still haven't gotten a presentation on Berberine or the PQQ right?

And we never got an internet show.

@VaBelle35, yup and yup and yup, unfortunately. Smiley Sad

I'm mystified that he's created two new products and isn't supporting them with on air presentations. -- Since he's HSN's Number #1 brand, I'd think he would have more say in the matter. 

Id' like to recommend Andrew's Berberine to a good friend of mine, but I want to hear Andrew discuss it first. -- Another good friend takes PPQ per her acupuncturist's recommendation and her acupuncturist seems to be well informed, but I'm not going to take the plunge until I hear Andrew talk about it.

I adore Andrew but I've been following him for about ten years and, for reasons unknown, some of the website tweaks and special events he continually talks about just never materialize. 

I really thought that his fireside chats with Lincoln would happen... or at least happen in the brand new studio he built in his factory... oh well, lol, I'll just keep hoping.

VaBelle, thanks so much for the link on the ceramides. I want to have a look through it. -- I had never heard of ceramides outside of Dimitri (Skinn, on Evine) talking about them as an ingredient in his beauty products. -- If Andrew actually discusses them, then I may give them a try... but only if he talks about them on air. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Andrew Lessman's PhytoCeramides with Biotin

(information from the Procaps Labs website)

___

DESCRIPTION 

DescriptionHow to Use

Andrew Lessman’s PHYTOCERAMIDES with BIOTIN provides a concentrated source of plant-based Ceramides – the lipid-based molecules primarily responsible for the skin’s ability to retain its moisture. The formula also includes 500 mcg of Biotin to ensure basic levels of the most essential of all beauty nutrients. Ceramides are the predominant lipid present in the critical, outermost protective layer of our skin (the Stratum Corneum of the Epidermis). Ceramides promote radiant, soft, smooth and supple skin by creating a protective barrier to prevent the loss of our skin’s precious moisture. Ceramides also defend our skin from damaging external factors and are an essential part of the skin’s normal growth and repair processes. It is well-established that the aging process results in lower Ceramide levels, and these reduced levels are associated with dry, rough, irritated and aging skin. Ceramide supplementation is a simple, logical response to these age-related changes in the composition of our skin. Billions of dollars are invested annually on external moisturizers and topical skin care, but intelligent skincare begins where skin is created – on the inside of our bodies. The external world constantly robs our skin of its precious moisture and Phytoceramides are Mother Nature’s natural internal moisturizer to promote healthy, hydrated, radiant skin. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.Consume one or more capsules daily or as recommended by a health care professional. This product is most effective as part of a healthy diet and active lifestyle, along with one of Andrew Lessman’s multi-vitamins and/or his Healthy Hair Skin and Nails formula.

___

INGREDIENTS

Our products use only the purest of natural ingredients with no additives

Supplement Facts

Serving Size 1 

Amount Per Serving   %DV*
Biotin500 mcg167%

Phytoceramide Complex (gluten-free non-GMO wheat-derived extract)350 mg

(standardized to ceramides and glucosylceramides 2-4%)

* Percent Daily Value (%DV) based on a 2,000 calorie diet. † DV not established

Other Ingredients: Soft-gelatin capsule (Gelatin, purified water, glycerin).

Common Allergens: Wheat 

___

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bebe777

re PQQ

Mark Sissan says to drink  green tea because green tea is high in PQQ.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/managing-your-mitochondria-nutrients-and-supplements/#axzz4DZu9dQ9z

I already drink of LOT of organic green tea, so maybe I don't need to supplement with PQQ.  Sissan links to a lengthy research paper on PQQ inside the link as well, if anyone wants to read more about it.

I still want to hear the presentation!  LOL

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As I mentioned above, during Dimitri's presentations ofr his Skinn beauty line (on Evine), he has mention that ceramides are an important topical ingredient for his dry skin products. 

The way Dimitri talks about ceramides, it sounds as though the ceramides act as a "mortar" to help glue the bits of skin together and prevent the skin from cracking. -- lol, yup, this is a huge oversimplification... but that's how I understand it. 

So I'm guessing that, as a supplement, these ceramide fats is capable of creating similar results on an internal level. 

Of course, I'm intrigued by the idea of fighting external wrinkling, but I'm wondering if these ceramides also have internal benefits for your organs and/or other parts of your body.

btw, the prefix "phyto" just means "plant". Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

cc: @HappyDaze, I thought you might be interested in this product... and I though that you might be able to shed some light on what ceramides are. 

cc_ @sonechko @Drythe @ANewHue

___

quotes from Andrew's description of PhytoCeramides

Ceramides are the predominant lipid [fat] present in the critical, outermost protective layer of our skin... 

...creating a protective barrier to prevent the loss of our skin’s precious moisture...

...aging process results in lower Ceramide levels, and these reduced levels are associated with dry, rough, irritated and aging skin...

...Billions of dollars are invested annually on external moisturizers and topical skin care, but intelligent skincare begins where skin is created – on the inside of our bodies...

...Phytoceramides are Mother Nature’s natural internal moisturizer to promote healthy, hydrated, radiant skin. 

___

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@bebe777

re PQQ

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/managing-your-mitochondria-nutrients-and-supplements/#axzz4DZu9dQ9z

I already drink of LOT of organic green tea, so maybe I don't need to supplement with PQQ.  Sissan links to a lengthy research paper on PQQ inside the link as well, if anyone wants to read more about it.

@VaBelle35, thanks for that info. Mark is always a wealth of info... lol, Andrew never should have let him go out on his own. He could use someone with Mark's online skills and follow through. Smiley Happy

I try to drink two cups of green tea a day... but I'm not a fan and frequently it doesn't happen although I do take Andrew's EGCG as well. It sounds as though I need to redouble my resolve to drink green tea each day. Smiley Wink

Thanks for the link to Mark's article.Smiley Happy

I read through the NIH Ceramide link you shared, but I wasn't clear on how zeaxanthin worked into the mix. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@bebe777

re PQQ

@VaBelle35, thanks for that info. Mark is always a wealth of info... lol, Andrew never should have let him go out on his own. He could use someone with Mark's online skills and follow through. Smiley Happy

I try to drink two cups of green tea a day... but I'm not a fan and frequently it doesn't happen although I do take Andrew's EGCG as well. It sounds as though I need to redouble my resolve to drink green tea each day. Smiley Wink

Thanks for the link to Mark's article.Smiley Happy

I read through the NIH Ceramide link you shared, but I wasn't clear on how zeaxanthin worked into the mix. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777

I started looking for the zeaxanthin link online before I left for work this morning and it seems that they are used together in products so I'm wondering if they work together or one enhances the other.

I will keep digging.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

re PQQ

@VaBelle35, thanks for the link. This is a few sentences from what Mark wrote about PPQ:

PQQ is a bacterial biofactor present in soil, on plants, and in animals. It stimulates plant and bacterial growth, and when animals eat the plants (or soil) that contains the bacteria, they also get the PQQ.

This is interesting because recently Dr Oz had a guest (maybe Mark Hyman) who suggested that people shouldn't scrub their root vegetables too much before eating them... because this would remove the soil residue which had important health properties. -- I wonder if they wer talking about PPQ. 

VaBelle, why is it that Japanese natto (yucky fermented soy beans) have such a variety of miraculous properties. Smiley Wink

I'll have to review the PDF file later but it sounds like PPQ works with the mitachondria. This explains why my friend takes a Life Extension COQ10 with PPQ. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy