Respected Contributor

Re: Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Experience?

@shosh  Good morning and thanks for all that info.  Knock on wood, I don't think my issue is really from the Essure, though I know that a lot of women have had issues that they claim are related.  I've had mine in since 2003, they've done their job (thankfully!), they always appear well on ultrasounds, etc.  One of them, though, might be shifting a little (falling) which is what my doc thinks could be my issue, that's why I'm thinking of just putting things off a bit so that I can have some more ultrasounds to be sure if it is or not and to see if my fibroid is shrinking on its own.  This gyno is very experienced and has done the Essure procedures (not mine), but for me, I just switched to her.  I went to her for a 2nd opinion because my other gyno suggested the same thing (hysteroscopy first to have a look-see, potentially remove the fibroid, not removing the Essure but suggesting removal of Fallopian tubes).  Since they were on the same page, new-gyno was a bit easier to get an appointment with, I like her and her office staff, so I switched.  I will seek out a 3rd gyno for another opinion and then decide.  But, yeah, I'm not convinced that the Essure is my issue.  It's in the back of my mind, though, and will cross my fingers that things just fix themselves, if that even makes any sense.  I appreciate everyone's posts!  There are good people out there!