Respected Contributor

Has anyone had this procedure done? I am scheduled to have it done on 3 vertebrae later this week. If you have had this procedure I would like feedback on how it did or didn't work

thanks ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kyphoplasty

[ Edited ]

I have never had or heard of it, but am VERY curious to learn about it and look forward to hearing about the experiences of other posters!👍

Without knowing more about your unique experience, I wish you a SUCCESSFUL procedure, and speedy recovery, with hopes it will relieve your pain/discomfort!! I am really sorry for any it is causing!❤ Please report back and let us know how it went!💝

THANK you for caring to share!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@sydsgma1.  What condition is it supposed to correct?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles   one of our good friends is a micro spinal surgeon who just recently retired     he said he did this in his office quite often and it uses a substance to add space between spinal vertebrae to keep from pinching nerves      very successful procedure for most

mrshckynut 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mrshckynut wrote:

@SandySparkles   one of our good friends is a micro spinal surgeon who just recently retired     he said he did this in his office quite often and it uses a substance to add space between spinal vertebrae to keep from pinching nerves      very successful procedure for most

mrshckynut 

@mrshckynut This is WONDERFUL to read!!!❤ I once suffered from a pinched nerve after a back injury many sunsets ago! It was excruciating! This would have been SO beneficial had it been available at that time!🥰

I HOPE your husband John is doing well!🤞😊

THANK you SO much for caring to share this explanation with us!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@sydsgma1 wrote:

Has anyone had this procedure done? I am scheduled to have it done on 3 vertebrae later this week. If you have had this procedure I would like feedback on how it did or didn't work

thanks ❤️

@sydsgma1  My mother had this done a few times. She had to spend weeks in physical therapy after each one. Sadly, one procedure leads to more. Causes the need for more.Id recommend this only as a last resort and go in knowing you are likely to require it on other vertebrae. 

Respected Contributor

I had the procedure this morning . My doc only did 1-vertebra because the others were older fractures and I would get no relief

I chose to do this in lieu of major surgery. He did say it may have to be redone in a few years.

I am not feeling too bad just need to have the sedation wear off.

Respected Contributor

My mother had a Kyphoplasty in 2018, after a fall. She was 92. My brother and I were scared for her to have the procedure, but there was really no choice. She pulled through like a trooper. I remember she was not in the OR long and greeted us with a smile when we went to her room after the procedure. Good luck! 

Esteemed Contributor

My mom had this done a few years ago.  So far, so good.  

Respected Contributor
@sydsgma1.. hope your feeling well after your Kyphoplasty.