Trusted Contributor
Heard about this, geared to teens. I signed up for myself to see.
They use red (stop and think) yellow(limit) and green lights (unlimited)
Orzo was red quinoa was yellow veggie green
You can upgrade for coaching (cost)
I will play w free side
There was some concerned about this being directed towards kids and their possible body weight issues
Honored Contributor

Re: Kurbo App by WW

[ Edited ]

Can’t be any crazier than this👇 (Keto Kids books)

Heart disease don’t happen overnight.

Adult-Onset Diabetes (Type 2) is now in young children.

We’re not doing it right.

So the natural progression is to develop apps like Kurbo.

Greater than zero chance the parents have weight issues, as well.

So sad...when there’s such an easy solution. 

8F0F91D6-5219-474A-9A3F-22F0DC0F74BF.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Weight watchers used to use red, yellow, and green in the plan years ago. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I was on WW for the first time when I was in high and they used that Red, Yellow, Green light thing way back then.  They are just revisiting it.  If they are targeting kids, that is a good thing because WW is and has never presented any health risks.  It's a healthy way to lose weight,  it's a healthy way to eat to live.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I was on WW for the first time when I was in high and they used that Red, Yellow, Green light thing way back then.  They are just revisiting it.  If they are targeting kids, that is a good thing because WW is and has never presented any health risks.  It's a healthy way to lose weight,  it's a healthy way to eat to live.

WW has a wonderful program. I am sure parents are consulting with a doctor and nutritionist before putting a child on a Keto program. 

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

WW has a wonderful program. I am sure parents are consulting with a doctor and nutritionist before putting a child on a Keto program. 

No qualified ‘doctor’ or ‘nutritionist’ in their right mind would put

a child on Keto.  But that’s a totally separate discussion. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

No qualified ‘doctor’ or ‘nutritionist’ in their right mind would put

a child on Keto.  But that’s a totally separate discussion. 

@sidsmom 

Children need proper nutrients to grow. This includes carbohydrates. Parents could have a serious problem with Children protective services. It can be called neglect.

I have seen this my local paper a few times. 

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

No doctor would put a child on any Keto diet unless the child has seizures and the Keto diet is used to control seizures.  

Honored Contributor

I just saw something on the news this morning about that Kurbo app. It's causing some kind of uproar. I don't do 'diets' so I didn't pay much attention to it. I think it was HLN news.