Honored Contributor

I reached out to my surgeon's nurse, Julie. I love her to pieces.  I explained what was going on and that I could not see Dr Phillips till November 3rd, was there any way she could get me in sooner. I have an appointment in 4 days!  Thank you for the suggestions! I think when someone is in so much pain their brain doesn't operate optimally.  This would have been my first suggestion to someone else 😳 

Honored Contributor

Re: Knee update

[ Edited ]

Moni, so happy for you, just hope he can help you out of your misery very soon, trust me I know!! Remember, it is not what you know, but who you know!!

Valued Contributor

Glad you got in earlier.  Hope you get some relief.

Respected Contributor

So, so happy you were able to get an earlier appointment!

I've found most medical office staff are kind and helpful and when they receive an earnest request will do what they can to get you in sooner.

Best of luck!

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm 

From my own recent experience with health issues, I totally agree that our brains may click off for a moment or two before we see the path we need to take. Many times when we  advocate for ourselves we are able to get a quicker response. 

Good to hear you can get into your preferred doctor in the next few days. At least then you can get started on finding a resolution. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

@monicakm  Glad to hear your able to get into see the doctor next week & hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I reached out to my surgeon's nurse, Julie. I love her to pieces.  I explained what was going on and that I could not see Dr Phillips till November 3rd, was there any way she could get me in sooner. I have an appointment in 4 days!  Thank you for the suggestions! I think when someone is in so much pain their brain doesn't operate optimally.  This would have been my first suggestion to someone else 😳 

@monicakm - YEA!!  So happy to hear this news!  It is hard to advocate for oneself when in so much pain but I'm glad you did and that the nurse was able to get you in earlier.

Honored Contributor

I am the first one to tell people they have to be proactive.   In this case I needed you lovely ladies to be proactive for me ☺️. The only thing that can help bone on bone pain is drugs and then surgery and more drugs.  It was borderline dicey to come off of the oxycodone after my first knee surgery. I'm trying to control this knee pain with ibuprofen, bed rest and ice, lots of ice!  First knee did not hurt near this bad at this point.  Twice I've taken a hydrocodone but I really don't want to get started on that before surgery. I'm learning what my knee can and can't tolerate and sitting at my computer seemed to hurt it the worst.  A syn visc injection would be great but I can't have an operation sooner than 3 months after the injection.  I'm glad I don't have any more knees to go bad!

Respected Contributor

Glad you were able to get to see your doctor more quickly!

Honored Contributor

Glad you got an earlier appointment!

Thumbs Up Emoticon - Beautiful Emoji Queen Duvet, transparent png download