Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

I posted this on another thread not too long ago so please forgive me for repeating myself, but....

take it from me ~ continue eating what you love, only eat less of it.  For instance, I have a weakness for fried food.  Instead of getting a Big Mac & large fries I get a small hamburger & small fries.  Also, move move move!  Be as active as you can be.  I used to be very inactive and ate nothing but junk.  I got tired of not wanting to go anywhere with my husband because I didn't have anything nice to wear.  I ate less (of what I love) and started walking on my treadmill.  To this day I walk 30 minutes a day (whether I want to or not).  I started walking 20 minutes a day, then 30, 40, and so on.  When I reached my goal I started walking 30 minutes a day for maintenance.  I used to be a size 16/18 and now wear a 6/8.  You have to make small changes you can live with ~ you also have to change your lifestyle as far as activity is concerned.  I don't mean to preach, really I don't.  I do wish you all the best ~ believe in yourself and keep moving forward.  You can do this!!!  :-) 

Exercise daily for myself and limited amounts of "bad food" but I do indulge.   I got a Buffalo Ranch Chicken Sandwich at Whataburger with fries and onion rings on New Years Eve for lunch and cut all in half and put in the freezer.  Just this past Sunday night I pulled it out and finished it off.  I do not diet I just eat healthy and exercise.   

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

Yeah it's expensive, but the food is good. I lost a lot of weight with them, but their maintenance program is not good at all. I needed guidance particularly with that, and blew it. Since then I've tried other things. The best is to let your body be where it needs to be and maintain your healthy weight....no binging......watch the things you eat, drink a lot of water, and move around.

Nutri system food is gaggy to me.