Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Is anyone else avoiding the stores and malls ?

@wagirl wrote:

Not at the moment however--all that will change for me as this virus gets a hold of all of us--as it will despite what the idiots in DC say ----

From what I have seen in the news our state has spread already.I think if you have any plans for prevention that now would be the time to start.

Respected Contributor

Two times in the past few weeks,  Costco-brand Kirkland toilet paper has been totally unavailable in the store.

I asked and was told it was sold out.  Plenty of Charmin-brand toilet paper was being stocked actively as I shopped.

Maybe people are taking some of the "advice" floating through the media to stock up on household goods and food to avoid going out much and being exposed to health hazards.

Yesterday, Costco door-greeters were wiping down the handles on carts with disinfectant wipes, as customers were bringing them in and showing their membership cards.

Respected Contributor

heading off to Target right now - with some wipes at the ready.  life goes on.  it's up to us to help keep transmission to a minimum yes - but not stop living.  onward!

Honored Contributor

I did have to go to the grocery store yesterday...a woman pushed her basket between mine and the shelves, when their really wasn’t room for it, and sneezed on me! I was horrified but it was so fast I could not avoid it. I always wash my hands as soon as I get home from anywhere...but washed my face this time also. The only good thing about the constant reminders on tv to take precautions of hand washing, etc. is maybe it will help everyone avoid the flu, colds, and other viruses as well.
Honored Contributor

One of my good friends is having surgery tomorrow morning at a hospital close by....I really don’t want to be there...you can pick up more diseases just visiting there. I have two grands in preschool and K...I think their schools are giant Petrie dishes...as soon as they get home I send them straight to the bathroom to sing and wash their hands and face.
Honored Contributor

The entire cleaning supply shelves were bare at my store...but I was already well-stocked, as I usually am. Dr. Bob Arnot was on last night and he said the virus is a mild one, like the flu, and most who get it will recover and have a mild case of it, but those at risk such as the very young and elderly, or those with chronic medical conditions are more at risk for complications...just like the flu. Sounded like a more reasonable account of it.
Honored Contributor

I'm not much of a 'brick-and-mortar' shopper anyway.  Attendance at worship service this morning was sparser than usual.  A parishoner who is an epidemiologist addressed those present regarding the current virus situation.  Her words made so much more sense than what our leaders are disseminating. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

just got back from Target - shelves were well stocked, no buying panic as press had us believe here in L A.  maybe i just live in a calm neighborhood!

two good things: all this attention to hygiene may help diminish the regular flu season --and satellite photos show that the pollution over China is greatly dissipated due to economic slowdown.  of course China is started to return to normal so........ 

anyway, putting on a smile!

Honored Contributor

My husband is out and about running errands everyday, I doubt if the virus will change his routine. I will only go out if I have to shop for food or medicine and no eating at restaurants.

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

just got back from Target - shelves were well stocked, no buying panic as press had us believe here in L A.  maybe i just live in a calm neighborhood!

two good things: all this attention to hygiene may help diminish the regular flu season --and satellite photos show that the pollution over China is greatly dissipated due to economic slowdown.  of course China is started to return to normal so........ 

anyway, putting on a smile!

@ms traditional 

I wonder if the virus will amp up again in China when the pollution returns as China starts up industry again.

It was the subject of conversation this morning with some friends at brunch.