Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam  My 26 year old daughter has had this since a baby. Never slept all night or napped as a child. Right now she is three weeks into a bad run of insomnia. She takes 2.05 of Xanax and 10m of Ambien for sleep and right now it is not working. Her doctor keeps talking about sleep hygiene but that does not work for cronic insomnia. 

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam   I take Lunesta, and it helps a lot.  I took zolpidem previously and prefer Lunesta.  Eszopiclone is the name of the Lunesta generic, and that is what I take.  

You mentioned your legs twitching at night.  It sounds like you have Restless Leg Syndrom.  I had that for years before mentioning it to my doctor.  It would keep me awake at night, and I would have to get up and walk around.  She prescribed 

Ropinirole HCL (Requip), and my legs immediately quit twitching.  It is a miracle drug.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

well,for once,I am looking forward to going to the dr.i havevto get to the bottom of this.today,I can barely function.my apps is at 2,so hopefully she will give me something