Honored Contributor

Re: Impossible Burger(and others)

I am a vegetarian and have said this before. I HATE the taste of meat and do not eat fish,fowl, or beast. The ads on the TV make this look very unappetizing.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

I do not and will not eat anything so highly processed.  

I eat vegetables, I eat burgers I eat both in as clean and natural forms as possible.  

I do not understand the purpose of impossible burgers.

Honored Contributor

I found this on Google. FYI - there are no animal ingredients in the Impossible Burger. The red color you see comes from a protein called heme which contains iron that bonds with oxygen and reflects the red color. Heme also gives the burger a meat-like flavor.

"The Impossible Burger contains heme from the roots of soy plants, in the form of a molecule called leghemoglobin. Food scientists insert DNA from soy roots into a genetically modified yeast, where it ferments and produces large quantities of soy heme.Aug 5, 2019"

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

I do not understand the purpose of impossible burgers.

1. They are for the purpose of transitioning to a more plant based diet.

2. They are for ethical reasons.  

The idea of killing an innocent animal is an important moral/ethical idea for many, many people.

3. They are for environmental reasons.

The idea of wasting resources to produce a fraction of what grains can produce is a moral/ethical idea for many, many people.

These are just a few reasons.

HTH

Esteemed Contributor

I avoid processed foods. Natural is better.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Super Contributor

I have no desire to try that, but I've never been big on hamburgers.  If I'm eating a "burger" I go for black bean or chicken burgers. I don't get why people would want to see it bleed to be honest. 

Honored Contributor

I'll stick with a burger too.  I don't eat soy either.  

Respected Contributor

I have never tried any of these burgers but saw a segment about a month ago on the news, and they talked about the chemicals they add to the fake meat! That was a big NO for me and I wont ever try any of the fake stuff. Just had a  real Jr Burger from Wendys this week and it was yummy  Smiley Happy