Honored Contributor

I didn't know where to post this. No I'm not a vegan, but went w/ my friend to a vegan restaurant for dinner 2 nights ago. My gut has been jumpy ever since...assuming all the nuts and seeds, but have no sensitivities. 

Curious since have only eaten vegan once, what primalky  makes up this diet and where's the protein? No eggs, milk, cheese, etc...nothing from animals.

Honored Contributor

Wellness is where people talk about diet.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

Could you have been allergic to something? I can't eat clams or soy any longer as both make my stomach upset to the point where I vomit. 

Unbenownst to me,  my boyfriend bought some "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter"  and I put some on corn on the cob and was so sick later on. It has soy in it.

Honored Contributor

shanus--there are many differet forms of veganism (?)---my son didn't eat anything with a face---his words---for prob 20 years. He did eat/drink dairy and eggs tho. He ate tofu and beans , which is a protein source as well as a texturized protein product, soy based, like Morningstar

Farms brand is made from. He was always very lean and always very hungry too. A couple years ago he just couldn't take always being hungry so he now eats seafood only no other meat. He stopped smoking, also, a few years ago and took up running, so really needs added protein now. I eat vegetarian alot and enjoy it altho I am a carnivore and eat meat protein often. If you think you would like to venture into this, lots of info online and go easy at first---too much change is too overwhelming. I'd start with one meal that is vegan/vegetarian first and work your way up. Very good for you but you still need protein in some fashion at every meal.

Esteemed Contributor

From what I understand, beans and legumes are major protein sources for many vegans.

I met a woman through our sons' sports team, and she looks amazing!  She's the only vegan I've met and really chatted with about the diet.  She now leads classes at the local YMCA about the vegan lifestyle and I've thought about attending.  She's approaching 60 and her body looks like she's in her 20s.  She gets plenty of exercise and I'm sure that's a big part of how she gets the results. 

Esteemed Contributor
@Shanus, it's likely you ate more fiber in that meal than your gut is used to dealing with all at once. Extra fluids will help that.
Wellness is the forum you want. Diets are discussed there.
Honored Contributor

I'd call my doctor.  Leaving a problem ever for several days can cause bad problems.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:
@Shanus, it's likely you ate more fiber in that meal than your gut is used to dealing with all at once. Extra fluids will help that.
Wellness is the forum you want. Diets are discussed there.

This!   

I would bet you ate more fiber than what you're used to.  You need to ease into this more gradually.  I'll never be a vegan, but many of my friends are, and they do eat more beans and other foods that my body would object to.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus

You started the same thread back in July.

We had many good answers.

HTH

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Wellness/VEGAN-DIETS/m-p/3921092/highlight/true#M109211

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Shanus

You started the same thread back in July.

We had many good answers.

HTH

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Wellness/VEGAN-DIETS/m-p/3921092/highlight/true#M109211

Thanks @sidsmom. I'd forgotten that post and just read all the great answers. Lots of good info.