Honored Contributor

(thread title only)

Not to my knowledge.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Re: IS THERE A DIET FORUM?

[ Edited ]

Several months ago changed my life dramatically. Never realizing the health benefits until journey began. Detoxing fact! Never want to forget. Vegan for me means *NO* animal products whatsoever. With more information stopped all processed foods including hidden sugar salt chemicals. Short time no wheat gluton free and fat in fact upon learning olive oil is not good fat haha that was biggest eye opener. Plant based transformed my body including inflammation. Unlike some people I'm never hungry. Intermittent fasting changed the game allowing my body fast 16 more hours. You'll find more information on IF = Intermittent fasting online. I'll end with this- power of plant based lifestyle best kept beauty secret my skin toned glowing from what friends family tell me look twenty years younger. Hair shiney growth incredible. Passion for life mother 🌎 animals environment became involved projects to bring awareness of American health crisis subject could speak on in depth. Lifestyle so much more really is mind body soul connection.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus

I found this pic in my veg forums...it might help understand the

basic differences of what vegan is versus plant based.

I would add another column for whole food plant based no oil.

IMG_2807.jpg

We have many in these forums eating in different stages of

vegan & plant based.  We will try to answer any questions you may have..depending on the protocol the individual practices.

In regards to protein...I thought of this last season night.

Protein needs are a lot like the "DFW Gas Shortage of TH, Aug 31".

One person reads something on the internet or hears something

from their "best friend's cousin's friend who works with someone"

type of scenario & all of a sudden, gas is the most important thing.  

Protein works the same way.

Ask all the people concerned about protein needs & they couldn't 

tell you what it is or how much we need.  And this is a strong topic even

within my whole foods plant based groups...who should know better!

Marketing has made Protein very, very powerful for no good reason.

Eating vegan is really easy. We have so many alternatives..very tasty alternatives..which replaces the original.  Is it healthy? That's where the 

differences begin.  There are many 'accidential vegan' foods.....

potato chips, fries, Oreos, soft drinks...no one would consider these

healthy foods even in a SAD (Standard American Diet) mindset, but technically, they're vegan. That's why there are many unhealthy vegans.

Like I said, we have many here eating vegan/plant based. 

If you have questions about anything, we're here...answers might be

a pinch different, but we'll do the best we can. 

🌼💛

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom. I hope I did not offend anyone w/ my uneducated remarks on vegan diets.

That diet experience at the restaurant was a first for me. I do eat a healthy diet w/ few processed food. I do admit to being a traditional protein, veggie and salad person so the vegan menu initially was a shocker.

Now that I understand the basis of the diet, I may give the restaurant another try, but I honestly admit, I don't see it as a lifestyle changing diet for me.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@sidsmom. I hope I did not offend anyone w/ my uneducated remarks on vegan diets.

That diet experience at the restaurant was a first for me. I do eat a healthy diet w/ few processed food. I do admit to being a traditional protein, veggie and salad person so the vegan menu initially was a shocker.

Now that I understand the basis of the diet, I may give the restaurant another try, but I honestly admit, I don't see it as a lifestyle changing diet for me.

Yes!

Vegan diet is easy...just don't eat animals or their by-products. 👍🌼