Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma   When I was a child, I had one, and my Mother dug around so much that she caused a much worse condition, so I did have surgery, and have been fine since.  Maybe now, there is a better solution.

Honored Contributor

Sounds painful! Don't recall every having that, but do know people who have and they end up going to the doctor and having it "dug out" and given antibiotics.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma   When I was a child, I had one, and my Mother dug around so much that she caused a much worse condition, so I did have surgery, and have been fine since.  Maybe now, there is a better solution.

@mousiegirl 

Ooh, I just felt a cringe go through my legs as I imagined your mother digging around your toenail. That hurts. 

Honored Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl 

Ooh, I just felt a cringe go through my legs as I imagined your mother digging around your toenail. That hurts. 

@Teddie   It was horrible!  I screamed, but she kept going, she paid for it because I was in the hospital for a week and underwent surgery, so now there is a thin nail growing on the inside of the toe nail so that it can never be ingrown, not noticible, but I have to cut it as I do the rest.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Teddie wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl 

@Teddie   It was horrible!  I screamed, but she kept going, she paid for it because I was in the hospital for a week and underwent surgery, so now there is a thin nail growing on the inside of the toe nail so that it can never be ingrown, not noticible, but I have to cut it as I do the rest.

@mousiegirl   You have my full sympathy!

Honored Contributor

Why did she dig around and not take you to the Dr. right away?