Honored Contributor

Re: IBS--WHAT WORKS FOR YOU?

If any of you want to try somewthing that helped me, it is called good belly. I use the shots( its a drink) and  you take them for 15 days to reboot yur digestive system. Mine was in terrible shape, because of the meds I  take or diabetes. It tastes good ,the shots also contain vitamins...I buy it at Krogers

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/

this link might prove useful

many doctors will not rx this FDA approved med for it's offlabel uses. It is very inexpensive and there is no money to be made by big pharma, hence no clinical studies.

It has been used worldwide to ease suffering. 

There is also a group (on FB) called "Low Dose Naltrexone Research Trust." They actually can help people find prescribing doctors.

💗💗

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Thank you @LTT1 

Honored Contributor

OP, there’s  quite a bit of scientific evidence for the use of low FODMAPS diet for symptoms of IBS. I’ve read at least 30 abstracts and papers on this. There are many charts online that can help you shop and know which foods to avoid. If you want to read any scientific papers on IBS, IBS and FODMAPS, or anything related, just let me know and I’ll supply links. 

Esteemed Contributor

@fortune  Oh my goodness, I feel for you. I continued with this issue for 2-3 years and it really, really affected my life. In addition to some embarrassing moments. Last Fall, I began having difficulty swallowing and started vomited occasionally after a meal. My Dr. ordered an endoscopy. Fortunately, nothing was found; however, the Dr. that performed the procedure suggested that I take Omeprazole every (yes every) day. I told him that I read that you shouldn't take the med for more than two weeks at a time. He said it's either that (with very little, if any) side effects or get esophageal cancer. A no brainer. Long story even longer, I did as the Dr. prescribed and my IBS is gone. Seriously. Who knew?

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@fortune  Oh my goodness, I feel for you. I continued with this issue for 2-3 years and it really, really affected my life. In addition to some embarrassing moments. Last Fall, I began having difficulty swallowing and started vomited occasionally after a meal. My Dr. ordered an endoscopy. Fortunately, nothing was found; however, the Dr. that performed the procedure suggested that I take Omeprazole every (yes every) day. I told him that I read that you shouldn't take the med for more than two weeks at a time. He said it's either that (with very little, if any) side effects or get esophageal cancer. A no brainer. Long story even longer, I did as the Dr. prescribed and my IBS is gone. Seriously. Who knew?

@pattypeep 

Wow!  Looks like you really dodged a bullet--esophageal cancer!  As soon as I finish researching the gasterologists in my area, I plan to ask him/her about the variety of responses I've gotten from my post.

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill me in on your experience!!  I appreciate it!!!

Respected Contributor

I was told intestinal gurgling with no pain is not a symptom of cancer.  Doctor peformed a colonoscopy but could not find any damage.  The intestinal gurgling persists for almost a decade with no answers. Doctors do not have a clue.  Over 10,000 dollars in tests could not find a cause  

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

I have IBS and am wondering what works best for this condition?

@fortune   Don't eat peaches, they are a laxative, DH just had a week or so of the effects, went running to his doctor before consulting me, told him to stop eating peaches, all better overnight.