Regular Contributor

Have been taking this med with two other BP meds for a while.  Anyone have any side effects?  On and off I have had elevated triglycerides like 300.  Anyone help me? TIA

Super Contributor

This sounds like a conversation you should be having with the physician who prescribed these medications. I hope you do that and find ou what you need to know for the best interest of your health.

Honored Contributor

@Mom in NY You need to talk to your doctor about this. None of us can advise you. This is a very individual matter that your doctor needs to treat.

Esteemed Contributor

This is one for you and the doctor.  Doesn't matter what our side effects are or what mix we do.  Please consult her.

Honored Contributor

I've taken it for years with my high BP meds.  I had some unpleasant side effects with other diuretics but none whatsoever with Hydrochlorothiazide.  You should have received a information sheet with the drug that would list possible side-effects.

Your doctor would know about side effects.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

My hubby has been on it for a month and hasn't noticed any side effects yet...

Honored Contributor

@Mom in NY 

I've been taking this for for many, many years, but never had any side effects.

Several years ago I also had to add another BP med, Metoprolol, and have had no side effects from it either or using them in combo.

I do take the HCTZ in the AM and the other at night.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

I have also taken HCTZ with other blood pressure meds for years with no problems. I struggle with elevated cholesterol, but don't think there is any connection between the cholesterol and these meds. Definitely should be a discussion with your MD.

Regular Contributor

Thank you all for your responses.  I have an appt. with my doctor on Thursday

Frequent Contributor

I took it for a year or so for mild blood pressure and swelling, worked great.  But, then all of the sudden started burning when out in the sun (even a few minutes out).  Doctor switched to another diuretic and no problem.  Check with your doc.