Trusted Contributor

@Carmie  Thank you so much for the very useful information.  My DH will be 65 next year and we will be in the midst of this subject very soon.  You have been very helpful.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@bakergirl wrote:

I have an Rx plan with Humana - they are higher in cost per month, but there is no deductible and it is the best plan for me, at this time because of one brand rx I must take. The good thing with the RX plans is you can switch each year pretty easily.

Re the supplemental Medicare insurance, our advisor told us to go with the one  we could most readily afford(the best one with best coverage to start) and as years go by, change to a lesser plan if we had to. I think we have "F" and yes, all the plans with the same letter, should cover the same things no matter who the insurance co. is, ours happens to be BCBS of PA.

So the "f" plans is a really good one, more expensive but considered about the best no matter which insurance company you get it from Hope this helps!

You really have a good insurance plan and picked the best available at any price.

Did you know that if you choose to downgrade your Supplimental plan to a less comprehensive plan that it will cost you more for that lesser plan?  I found this out when I tried to downgrade Plan F to Plan C for a family member.

Because she was not within her 6 month open enrollment period of Medicare Part B, the cost was higher because there are penalities added on for later enrollees. Plan F was less expensive, so we didn't downgrade.

The best rates are only given to new enrollees who just turned 65.  After that, they go up. It's best to choose wisely as soon as you are eligible to do so within that 6 month period.

Honored Contributor

@CarmieThank you , i do like the idea of a advantage plan ,a ppo ,but do the premiums tend to rise ?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@CarmieThank you , i do like the idea of a advantage plan ,a ppo ,but do the premiums tend to rise ?

To be honest, it doesn't matter what type of insurance you purchase... they will all go up at some time.  That is guaranteed,

Even Medicare has raised the deductible and coinsurance amounts, so the insurance follows because they have to pay out more.