Esteemed Contributor

Re: How often do you shower?

@BirkiLady wrote:

@SurferWife 

The OP really asked an interesting question. The responses were all over the place which really does surprise me. Thought everyone was raised with proper hygiene, but I've learned our backgounds and current lifestyles vary considerably from reading personal posts on QVC's Forums.

My next question following many of those answers would be: How long since you've shared a bed with your husband?

I simply can't imagine any intimacy for those who do not shower or bathe daily. 

@BirkiLady  thanks for asking that question. I was thinking the same thing. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

For me, two showers a day always. Even when I was in the hospital and they gave me warm packaged cloths to wipe with, I would go in the bath room and take a shower.

Even after intimacy, we would go in the shower and use the handheld shower and that did the job.

After my husband passed, I kept reading that you shouldn't shower too often. Last August I decided to give it a try. Morning shower as usual, used the washcloth method in the evening and went to bed. It didn't work. Around minutes after 12am I was in the shower and of course I had to change my sheets. Never tried it again.

Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@SurferWife 

The OP really asked an interesting question. The responses were all over the place which really does surprise me. Thought everyone was raised with proper hygiene, but I've learned our backgounds and current lifestyles vary considerably from reading personal posts on QVC's Forums.

My next question following many of those answers would be: How long since you've shared a bed with your husband?

I simply can't imagine any intimacy for those who do not shower or bathe daily.   

@BirkiLady if people always felt that way, humans would have become extinct a long time ago.

Respected Contributor

I shower once a day and wash hair every 2 days.
Respected Contributor

So far we have not been placed on water restrictions, but some places are dealing with water shortages....showering quickly and every other day can be enough if you are quick and don't use too much shampoo or soap, etc. 

Respected Contributor

Just a question following after the water restriction subject.  How many people Cut their hair shorter during water restriction times so they can shower more quickly?

Frequent Contributor

I lived in England for a time.  They definitely believe in bathing less often.  I do think many people here do shower or bathe a little too much.  I like baths over showers, I feel like I'm just rinsing myself in a shower.  But everyone do what they want.  Oh, and I've never noticed an old people smell, even around a lot of them.  

Respected Contributor

One of my BFFs is from Egypt. She grew up with a totally different standard for cleanliness than I did. She says westerners are widely known as clean freaks. I don't think showering once a day is being a clean freak. To each their own, as long as it isn't offensive to others....if it is...go take a shower! 

Regular Contributor

At the very least, daily. I cannot get into bed without being clean.

Regular Contributor

Every day! Sometimes 3 times lol!