Respected Contributor

Have been reading some articles about water conservation, but now the reason to take shorter showers or baths seems to be that it is healthier. How often you bathe / shower varies for everyone, but derms recommend at least doing a quick daily washcloth bath in certain areas like underarms, etc instead of taking a full shower. I tend to shower every other day unless I get really sweaty when we are on our walks in the hotter weather. 
Some derms said bathing only once a week is fine unless someone complains that you smell funky!  They recommend using cool water and little soap also. Small amounts of shampoo and wash hair only once-twice a week. 

How often do you shower? Every day? Once a week? Less often?😬

Respected Contributor

Re: How often do you shower?

@Trailrun23 Every day.  Sometimes twice, depending (sweaty from excerise, working in the yard, having done something messy, etc) or maybe going out someplace special that night.

Honored Contributor

Every single day. With shower gel and soap.  And I wash my hair every day.

I walked just over 2 miles very early this morning in the 80 degree heat and 3 trillion percent humidity.  I can't imagine just coming in, drying off and getting dressed. Yuck.

And on the days where I'm a slug, I do the same routine. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Daily.  No water shortages in this area of WV.

Honored Contributor

Some people think that too many showers will dry out their skin, and some with very snsitive skin dont like to do it daily.  

Honored Contributor

Difficult question to answer as everyone is different. So many variables. Do what is best for you and your lifestyle, but I doubt that most people need to shower and shampoo daily as they age and are no longer working. 

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh @A slug! How funny! To answer the question. I shower daily. I can't imagine it any other way.  Somethings are non negotiable with me! Showering is one!

Respected Contributor

2 - 3  times a day...first thing in the morning, right before bed and if I've done yard work, sometimes I need a mid day rinse off.

Honored Contributor

AM workout daily.....shower at the gym.  Bath at night for restoration and calm, often with different herbal Epsom salts.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am trying to shower every other day while I am not going anywhere, but it's hard since I have showered daily for so long. DH showers daily but I am trying to get him to not camp out in the shower. He is in there way too long...20 minutes! I have timed him but he still says he takes five minute showers. I am hoping the next water bill will be a wake-up call. I do prefer cooler water now which is better and less drying on the skin. 

I can't possibly wash my hair only once a week as they recommend. It also said to use only a drop or two of shampoo;  that would do nothing for my hair, and use the same amount for soap or shower gel.