Honored Contributor

How often do you have to ask your Dcctor for a refill

My hubbies doc is impossible he asks on Monday for a refile to be sent. Its now Thursday and still no refill. How long to you wait until you ask again. This communication is all done over my chart.  My docs respond within a day or less

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: How often do you have to ask your Dcctor for a refill

My ENT and my NP usually give me enough refills on my prescriptions to last a year.  Then I have another office visit and they write the order again. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

My ENT and my NP usually give me enough refills on my prescriptions to last a year.  Then I have another office visit and they write the order again. 

This is script that has to be wrtiten every month its a controlled substance. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Never.  My pharmacy - CVS - takes care of it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

My Mom went thru that with her Fentanyl patch.  And I had to go to the dr's office for her to pick up the paper prescription - they would not send it electronically.

Honored Contributor

I'm not fond of my chart so I call the doctors office for refills and within  1 or 2 days we pick it upat the drugstore. We also have "mail-aways" on certain medications and they are prompt at letting us know ahead of time when we need to refill so we always get them on time.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox Ask your pharmacy to get in touch with the doc's office. I had to do this years ago when my doc's officce made a mistake and dropped the ball with a refill (something generic). The pharmacy contacted his office and got it handled. Only problem I've ever had like this.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids & @jubilant controlled substances cannot be called in or faxed in or be done electronically.  The patient has to show up with paper script in hand to have it filled or refilled.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@I am still oxox - you seem to have a habit of not being totally forthcoming or informative in your OP's, but subsequently add information in your retorts. 

Respected Contributor

FYI.............controlled substance, your husband's request, are very tightly and strickly controlled by FDA, AMA. Thus MD's treat refills differently than say an allergy medication. Google for details.