Esteemed Contributor

Re: How long would you wait?

Thanks for noticing that, @icezeus .  We see the oncologist this Thursday.  We are working with the plumonologist's office to get something sooner than 10/18.  They could have seen him at the exact same time as the oncology appointment because of a cancellation!  We couldn't take it, but are hoping to hear of something else becoming available.  

I understand the OP's feelings about this.  I am living it daily, too, not to mention my DH.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@Glittergal wrote:

I would give them a little more time.  I also have thyroid nodules with one being quite large.  I also went through a biopsy (it was quite painful).  It's very nerve wracking to wait.  Wishing you all the best going forward.  

Hi @Glittergal . I used to fear the biopsies (I've had several) but my current Endo does them by chilling the area with ice packs and using NO anaesthetic. 

Sounds counterintuitive I know, but I no longer fear thyroid biopsies at all.

I've been told several times that thyroid nodules rarely become cancerous, and if they do, thyroid cancers are usually slow growing. 

Wishing you the best of luck. NONE of this stuff is fun.

Honored Contributor

Do you really want to pay for another test?  Plus you are setting yourself up for another wait.

Honored Contributor

My doctor told me long ago not to subscribe to the no news is good news mantra.  Unfortunately, things can and do get lost/misplaced.

I would call that endo's office and ask when you can get an appointment.  It may be that paperwork was misplaced for you and you'll never get a call for an appointment.   

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

My thyroid sonogram and biopsy results were sent to an Endocrinologist by my Internist on 9/14. Still, no call for an appointment. The results were not terrible ( cells are undetermined) but still a 20% - 40% chance of Cancer though most nodules are benign. I am concerned. My doctor told me to be patient. How long would you wait before reaching out to another Endocrinologist?

I would call the endo's office that received your test results and referral and ask what's up?  Bet it got lost in the "shuffle".

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant   My saying now a days is:  the squeeky wheel, gets oiled.  My life has shown me that "follow up" will be a part of my life here on out and it started when I had to help take care of my folks.  It doesn't quit there anymore.  Follow up!!!!  Must be proactive.  Let Them be patient.............

Respected Contributor

Do not wait any longer, you need to call them. 

Having worked in the nedical field for over 25 years, I know how things can get pushed aside or filed away.  That is way too long to wait to get an appointment and discuss your results with the dr.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

My doctor told me long ago not to subscribe to the no news is good news mantra.  Unfortunately, things can and do get lost/misplaced.

I would call that endo's office and ask when you can get an appointment.  It may be that paperwork was misplaced for you and you'll never get a call for an appointment.   

Read my post. I have been seen by the Endo I called on my own.

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Do you really want to pay for another test?  Plus you are setting yourself up for another wait.

@depglass wrote:

A second biopsy is required as my sonogram waa deemed highly suspicious and larger than normal and the 1st biopsy was inconclusive.