Honored Contributor

Do you take a day?  When AL is on I feel like I need most of his supplements.  I take cholestacare/fibermucil and that alone is four capsules.  I also take Omega3, MSM500,Vit D3 plus calcium and just ordered his Glucosamine 1500 with Chondroitin and he suggests taking four a day.  That sure is alot of pills to take a day.  Just wondering how many everyone else takes. 

Honored Contributor

Vitamin D on the suggestion of my doctor.  Blood work showed a somewhat low level of D.  

That is it.  IMO "self medicating" with all these OTC "drugs" is a waste of money at best and dangerous at worst.

Honored Contributor

A multi, cinnamon and fish oil. It's my choice and those are the ones I believe in. I've tried joint health ones, but realized I don't have major joint problems. DH takes a multi, fish oil and CO-Q on advice of a physician. 

Respected Contributor

I take a lot!

Multivitamin

Calcium/VitD

B12 

Circulation/vein support

Hair/skin/nails

Magnesium

Quercetin

Beet root 

Phytoceramides 

Lutein/zeaxanthin

CoQ-10

Astaxanthin

Milk thistle

Sea buckthorn berry oil

I also drink Consult Beaute Primo Beets every morning.

I have my reasons for each one.  I only take a subset of these when traveling as it's just too much.  I do notice when I'm without them certain things start to feel not right.

I gave up on Glucosamine because it's just so many pills for just one item.  I have had better results with collagen for my joint issues anyway and that's one scoop per day only.  

Respected Contributor

The network my doctor is in wants everyone to take one multivitamin daily, but I haven't bothered. I already have a bunch of prescription medications I use for allergies and asthma and the last thing I want to do is add unnecessary supplements that can have interactions.

If my doctor looks at my bloodwork and finds I have a deficiency in something, I'll address it then. Until then, I'm not interested.

Honored Contributor

Re: How Many Vitamins

[ Edited ]

Just two vitamins.  But I take several nutrient supplements. 

There are only 13 recognized vitamins. But many minerals and other supplements.

"There are 13 vitamin A, C, D, E, K, and the B vitamins (thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin, B6, B12, and folate)." NIH

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 -

I've always taken a vitamin d cause of definciency (which many esp women have) but recently a doctor told me to take b12 because it helps the body to absorb the vit d or something like that (makes it work better). 

I did not know that at all.

I've also found taking b12, I don't have so many pins and needles in my hands and feet.

My daughter found the same thing.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

One multi vitamin for women over a certain age and one magnesium tablet before bed to relax and help me sleep

Trusted Contributor

around 15, plus supplements 

Honored Contributor

Other than fish oil capsules recommended by my opthalmalogist, I take no vitamins and no supplements -  and I wonder even whether the fish oil I do take is really vital.  JUst afraid to stop it and find out it's one of the reasons I'm having less pain issues from my extreme dry eye.