Super Contributor

So glad that I came across this forum.  My thoughts and prayers to those of you dealing with health issues.  Whomever first said that when you have good health you have everything you need, certainly was right!  I am 65 and have had health issues all of my life. Perhaps at some point I may feel comfortable enough to share my experiences, but only if I think it could encourage others.  I have been encouraged by what I have read here and to those of you in any form of pain or fear, I am with you.

The thing that gives life its greatest significance is the capacity to care
Respected Contributor

Hello asoutherngirl,

Keep visiting, and soon you will be posting frequently,

and welcome aboard!

Respected Contributor

@asoutherngirl  I'm 67, so I know we all face at least some issues as we age.  I've been pretty lucky so far.........I hope your health issues are under control now.  Welcome to these boards, and please feel free to talk!  Cat Happy

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@asoutherngirl wrote:

So glad that I came across this forum.  My thoughts and prayers to those of you dealing with health issues.  Whomever first said that when you have good health you have everything you need, certainly was right!  I am 65 and have had health issues all of my life. Perhaps at some point I may feel comfortable enough to share my experiences, but only if I think it could encourage others.  I have been encouraged by what I have read here and to those of you in any form of pain or fear, I am with you.

@asoutherngirl

What I love about these forums is that there's a wealth of information from people who have different life experiences and points of view.   There's the safety of being anonymous so we can be generous with information.    

If someone is trying to make an informed decision, people here can present all sorts of knowledge and experience.  Of course, ultimately the choice is still up to us, but when it comes to health decisions, information gathering is never a bad thing, IMO

Honored Contributor

@asoutherngirl

Nice of you to stop by and take the time to put up such a nice and thoughtful thread for all of us that frequent this Wellness Forum. Sorry to hear you have had to deal with health issues all of your life, that is something to which I cannot personally relate.

Most of my serious health issues didn't start until I was about 63, back in late 2002. From there it has been quite a wild ride with several different types of very serious health issues. Always been "the optimist" and did my best to just "roll with the punches".

Welcome to this forum and step in on any thread and feel comfortable doing so. I hope life is getting better for you in any and all respects.

From one of the few male's on this forum, my best to you and yours.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)