Honored Contributor

Re: Help Please - Ring Stuck on Swollen Finger

Whether or not you choose to post again on this thread, here's hoping the ring either came off successfully or the finger ceased to swell and you could simply just slip it off.  (Although I expect it may have been too late for the latter.)

All the best, @BunSnoop  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

Oh my, I can't believe how many of you have been asking about how I'm doing - what sweeties you are - thank you!!!

Well, the swelling has gone down, I can now bend my finger with no pain, no discoloration, etc.   

The finger got swollen after I tried to pull the tab on the can.  The ring is still on the finger, but the swelling has gone, the finger now can bend fine, there is no discoloration, it feels fine, etc.

I appreciate all the helpful hints to try to remove it without cutting it off, but I really think it needs to be cut and then as some of you suggested have the jeweler add more gold to make it larger. 

I guess my finger has got a little chubby over the years (like the rest of my body) and the ring does not fit the finger just like the clothes don't fit the body like they did years ago!!

And yes, I've been "away" from the boards for a little bit as I was upset when someone had suggested that I was I liar.    There are so many of you that I consider my "QVC Friends" that I should not of let one person keep me away from you - so many of you are always so kind and helpful and I always appreciate everyone....well almost everyone.  lol :-)

Thank again for your concern about me - much appreciated.

Trusted Contributor

Have you put your hand in a bowl of Olive Oil for a few minutes, then try to slide it off while soaking.

Respected Contributor

ALong with all the other tips, if it is a matter of swelled muscle and skin and not the knuckle bone itself try keeping your arm raised straight up over your head for a while to let the blood drain out of your hand a bit. that can reduce the size too then along with the other tips maybe you can slide that ring off.

Respected Contributor

Try Ice. 

Regular Contributor

Swing by a local fire station. The guys have ring cutters and can help. Sounds like it needs to be resized anyway. Good luck

Respected Contributor

Well here's hoping @BunSnoop  was able to remove the ring weeks ago!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BunSnoop 

I had a similar situation with a toe ring after spraining my toe.   What I did was soak my swollen toe in ice water, then use  WD 40.  After a few minutes, I was able to remove the ring.