Valued Contributor

Has anyone here developed a chronic cough after taking Crestor

I have I'm sure this Crestor is the cause but my husband thinks I have RSV or something, anyway if I stop taking the Crestor will this annoying cough go away?

I'm heading to bed I'll check back in tomorrow. TIA 

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone here developed a chronic cough after taking Crestor

[ Edited ]

@gulf coast girl.  I've got a great idea...call and ask your doctor.  You could have a cough caused  by post nasal drip due to allergies this time of year.  It's not wise to quit any medication cold turkey without consulting the doctor.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@gulf coast girl  Couple thoughts, is Crestor a new rx your taking as a cough might be a side effect.  Also, could the cough be weather related because changes in the weather can affect my allergies.  Lastly, always a good idea to check w/your doctor.  Good luck.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 @colleena  Good good sage advice

Honored Contributor

I never took Crestor, but was once prescribed LISINOPRIL, and boy was that awful.

I coughed so much people were scared to be near me and I couldn't leave the house because I couldn't control my  bladder with all the coughing.

Some drugs do have bad side effects.  Check with your doctor.

Honored Contributor

Look up the side effects of Crestor on a reputable website and see what it says. Call your doctor.

I developed a cough when taking Lisinopril. I switched to another med and, luckily, it stopped.

Valued Contributor

I do take crestor and I did have a severe cough.  My doctor said it wasn't due to crestor.

They did prescribe tessalon perles for the cough and after taking them 3 times a day for 5 or 6 days my cough stopped.  The prescription said to take as needed but that didn't work for me I had to take 3 times a day for at least 5 days before it worked.

Honored Contributor

I am not sure about Crestor but I do know that many get severe coughs from some BP meds. 

Esteemed Contributor

I do not take Crestor, but agree with Kachina.👍 It is better to seek medical advice in the event it is something serious and unrelated it that can be treated early!😊

I hope you feeling better soon!😊🤞🤞

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Valued Contributor

Thanks ladies, I did call my doctor's office and I see him in the Internal Medicine department at one of the local hosptals but he isn't available until sometime in the third week of March so I'll wait it out. But I got this cough after being on Crestor and it's the only change having been made to my daily life so I don't think it's coming from allergies. I'm on about day 115 of taking Crestor and I've had this cough now since sometime last fall is when it began, I think.