Trusted Contributor

Has anyone experienced dizzy spells?

For the 2nd time in 2 weeks I have had dizzy spells so bad that the room actually seems to be moving. I have to hold on to the walls to walk to the bathroom. I don't see my doctor until December. I am worried that I might get one while driving. I would have to pull over. I looked on the internet but there are a lot of different causes. Oy  Vey.

Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone experienced dizzy spells?

Contact your doctor for an appointment immediately. Dizzy spells are a warning sign that something isn't right.

Respected Contributor

Urgent Care?   Nothing to fool around with.

Esteemed Contributor

If you take any medication on the regular or if you just take something once in a while, the side affects of the medication can be the culprit.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have in the past and so far for me it’s always been linked to an ear problem. 

Respected Contributor

Also, do you check your blood pressure at home on a regular basis?

Valued Contributor

Drink a glass of water. You may be dehydrated.

Super Contributor

Yes it could be serious...but as we age there are crystals in the ear that become disloged, and cause imbalance....google it....

there is an at home procedure to clear them...but still visit your primary, if not done properly you could harm your neck.  if it is crystals...PT will be covered to fix it...

Honored Contributor

@geegerbee wrote:

For the 2nd time in 2 weeks I have had dizzy spells so bad that the room actually seems to be moving. I have to hold on to the walls to walk to the bathroom. I don't see my doctor until December. I am worried that I might get one while driving. I would have to pull over. I looked on the internet but there are a lot of different causes. Oy  Vey.

I'm not sure I'd be waiting until December to start a diagnosis.

Contributor

My Mom experienced this issue and it was frightening, but it turned out to be an ear issue like ProudMa mentioned.  You can find lots about it online, here's a short description: 

BPPV:

Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is one of the most common causes of vertigo — the sudden sensation that you're spinning or that the inside of your head is spinning. BPPV causes brief episodes of mild to intense dizziness. It is usually triggered by specific changes in your head's position.

Of course it could be something else, so be sure to see a medical professional.  Good luck.