Regular Contributor
Can anyone recommend to put on hammertoes. Thank you in advance
Honored Contributor

I have one hammertoe.  I buy a hammertoe corrector from Amazon.  They have a variety of devices to choose from.

Regular Contributor
Which did you get
Honored Contributor

@Mom in NY I haven't had to order recently (they last me a long time), but mine was called a "hammertoe crutch". Looks like Wellnove Hammertoe corrector.

Respected Contributor

Hey Mom in NY. You have 2 identical posts on this topic. Please delete one.

Honored Contributor

@Mom in NY 

If the muscles on that toe are still FLEXIBLE, you can stretch it out yourself...several times a day for a couple weeks.

I have done this myself, and the toe finally flattens out.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Mom in NY 

If the muscles on that toe are still FLEXIBLE, you can stretch it out yourself...several times a day for a couple weeks.

@Desertdi  I just read about something like this yesterday.  I have been postponing going to the doctor, and I am thinking I would like to try this.  I can stretch/pull the toe straight without pain, but not perfectly straight.  Do you think it might work for me?  How much time did you spend stretching the toe each day?

TIA!

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Mom in NY 

@Desertdi  I just read about something like this yesterday.  I have been postponing going to the doctor, and I am thinking I would like to try this.  I can stretch/pull the toe straight without pain, but not perfectly straight.  Do you think it might work for me?  How much time did you spend stretching the toe each day?

TIA!

@NYCLatinaMe       

Gosh...it's been a couple years.....but I did it at least 3 times a day.....maybe about 5 minutes at a time.     I was determined to NOT have surgery on a FOOT!     (I was still working.)     

One MORE thing --   If there is a callus on the sole of your foot....near the metatarsal bone...be sure and keep THAT area filed (or sanded) down, too.    There was also a callus on the tip of my toe where the curled end of the toe was rubbing my shoe.   I filed that area clean also.    

All-in-all.......It took at least a month for that toe to "recover".    And I STILL keep my feet as callus-free as possible.    

After all....when your feet hurt, your whole body hurts.    Best of luck.   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Desertdi!  I didn't think I could fix my 2-3 hammertoes without surgery.  I tried a bunch of gadgets I saw on Amazon but they were ineffective (they would bunch up below the bend in the toe) or they hurt.  But I ran across toe exercises in the internet that said they could possibly fix my toes.  I'll try for sure.  I am already wearing shoes with more toe room and found shoe insoles appropriate for my underpronating feet, and I think these things have helped.  The toe exercises don't seem that difficult a thing to try, so I'll go for that.  I may try some of the toe things mentioned here I haven't tried.