Respected Contributor

Great Walking or Gym Shoes

[ Edited ]

Next time you are near a New Balance store, try on a pair of Fuel Core Shoes, they are new and your feet will feel wonderful!

At first, they are a "running" shoe but I use them for the gym and walking and never have my feet felt so good. 

They are lightweight, supportive, cushiony (if there's such a word) and overall very pleased with this new line from New Balance.  Love the colors too.

I wear New Balance normally but there's a huge difference from their standard shoes to these new one's.  I also bought a pair with the new BOA technology for opening and tightening the shoe.  It works pretty cool, you lift the side button to open and once your foot is in the shoe, you turn the button to tighten the shoe.  I thought the first thing was how long is this going to last and i read it has a lifetime guarantee, that's good to know. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Great Walking or Gym Shoes

never had a pair of new balance, but thanx for the feedback. i'll take a look. adidas boost is really comfortable and squishy too. great for walking and running.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will second your New Balance recommendation. I am very hard to fit in athletic shoes with low arches and wide feet. It's not easy to find wide width in athletic shoes without spending beaucoup bucks. 

I needed comfortable laced shoes for a 10 day trip through Ireland and Scotland that involved a LOT of walking. After much searching, I found a decent selection of wide width New Balance shoes, on sale at a great price at JC Penney. 

I can say that these were the best athletic shoes I ever bought. Comfortable, well padded, great fit, great price point and my feet did not hurt once. I highly recommend New Balance too. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the recommendation.  I need new walking shoes -  my feet and my podiatrist agree.

I over-pronate, so I need to fit for that and not all New Balance work for me -  and not all NB sales people seem to know which is which sometimes.  I'm headed to my orthopedic fitter tomorrow.  I'll buy one pair from him, that seems only fair since I need his expertise.  Once I've walked a week in the new shoes, then I can shop for the best price elsewhere for that shoe. 

Respected Contributor

@millieshops  These are brand new within the last month...

They are New Balance Fuel Core and available at a New Balance store or online.   I have not seen them anywhere else.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling  I'll try calling the NB store.  I'm very cautious ever since my podiatrist traced a problem to the New Balance I'd chosen for myself - undoubtedly based on appearance more than on  what I really need. 

The store is out of my way, so I want info before I drive there.  Thanks for telling me.

Honored Contributor

I went to a running store and got fitted for good running shoes.

Every foot is different and some brands work better for your particular feet than others.

I need good arch support and wide width and they found the perfect bed for me which are Nikes.  I buy the same style every year, they just re-do them with different colors and upgrades.

My feet love them.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the New Balance recommendation.  I've recently fallen in love with their athletic shoes.  They are SO comfortable!  I've been lucky in being able to find them on another website with regular discount codes.  The "shoes" online store.  No link because it will be deleted.