Honored Contributor

Great Helper Gadget

[ Edited ]

I somehow stumbled across this handy device and received it today.  I'm so impressed with it that I just had to spread the word to those, like me, who may have mobility issues.

I've been waiting for this gadget my entire life. I have both back and knee issues and can't stand or walk more than 5 minutes without sitting for a bit. I've had to avoid any situation where I have to stand in line, like the post office, or doing yard work or watching a parade.....dozens of situations people normally take for granted. It expands to a variety of heights with a slight pull and twist, which locks it into place. At its highest, I can easily sit and rise, even with bad knees. It has a strap that serves as either a handle or it expands to a shoulder strap. It took a lot of engineering and ingenuity to design and manufacture this very sturdy "made in Israel" product.  V35639.

Screenshot_20180817-170243.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

That sounds terrific!  What is the name of it and do you happen to have a picture you're able to post?  I think many people here would be interested!  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Nevermind, your picture of it posted while I was typing!!  Very interesting and useful!!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  Prior to having both knees replaced ( best thing I ever did!), this gadget would have been a blessing to me.  I was so miserable standing in place, or walking very far.  I am sure this would be great for anyone with these standing type of  issues.  

Honored Contributor

Here's a video from the company's website.

Click here for video

Trusted Contributor

Wow, that's ingenious! I have back issues too, & have been in agony going places where there's nowhere to sit. I took my son to the mall for back-to-school shopping, & there were no seats in or outside the store. He marched in a parade, & I brought a folding chair, which was heavy, & there wasn't enough room to open it! My bff has issues as well, so I'm going to get her one, too.Thanks for sharing this, because, unless I happened to tune in to a presentation, I would have never known it existed!Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

Thanks a MILLION for posting this. I have had both hips replaced, and my low back has arthritis. I just need to sit for a minute here and there, and then I'm fine. I'm so thankful to have found this. Up until now I was using a seat cane which is hard to balance on (it's actually a shooting stick like the old guys use in England when they go shooting and it takes some balance to use it). This will be so much better.

Briggsie

Honored Contributor

Re: Great Helper Gadget

[ Edited ]

Hope it works for you.

When I think I may need a seat where none are available, I carry one of those folding canvas chairs.    No more trouble than carrying an umbrella.   I'm so klutzy, I'd probably fall off that stool.

When folded it slips into a sleeve with a long carrying handle.   Not good for standing lines that move slowly, but I avoid those at all costs.

Folding-Canvas-Chairs.jpg

Honored Contributor

This would make a great Christmas gift for an elderly relative or anyone who could use some help.  Why do they push dumb stuff like flashlights and Poopourri when they could show something like this, for which people would be sincerely grateful?