Honored Contributor

@SurferWife. I kind of doubt if they sell veterinarian medications, just the stuff you'd normally get at the drug store.  This dog had an autoimmune disorder and was on a "people" antibiotics and prednisone. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess.  Unfortunately, dog had a severe autoimmune disorder and eventually had to be euthanized.  I used to buy Voltaren from a Canadian Pharmacy.

I have good drug insurance and get what I need from them by mail order cheaper than I can get it anywhere else.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@GenXmuse , I've been using GoodRx for a few years, it's saves a lot of money.  I had to get an epi-pen this spring, I have Blue Cross I surance, but hadn't met my deductible yet. The epi-pen was just under $400. The GoodRx price was $130. 

You can download the app for free. You enter your RX and zip; it'll give you options of pharmacies and show the different prices. It works for those with or without insurance.

Honored Contributor

@Mellyg wrote:

@GenXmuse , I've been using GoodRx for a few years, it's saves a lot of money.  I had to get an epi-pen this spring, I have Blue Cross I surance, but hadn't met my deductible yet. The epi-pen was just under $400. The GoodRx price was $130. 

You can download the app for free. You enter your RX and zip; it'll give you options of pharmacies and show the different prices. It works for those with or without insurance.

Wow-how awesome! Thanks for replying, with four of us in the household it's really starting to add up even with insurance. My migraine medicine is very expensive, even with a generic available and insurance. 

Valued Contributor

You will likely find the GoodRx price is cheaper than what insurance pricing is. I have a neighbor that takes Maxalt (sp?) for migraines. Before she met her deductible, she was paying over $200 for 10-12 tablets. I told her to,download this app.... she ended up getting the RX for around $10.

Super Contributor

We have good RX coverage but my husband had to fill one that the insurance doesn't cover.  Without Good RX it would have 2100.00 for 30 days but it was 13.00.  And another is cheaper than with our insurance.  There's no cost to Good RX.  

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse

The prices vary even with GoodRx from one pharmacy to another. You should look online for the best price in your area. 

Honored Contributor

I could not afford 2 prescriptions without GoodRX!  

These 2 prescriptions have a total copay of $350.  I'm retired and on a fixed income and couldn't afford both. I actually quit taking one because I couldn't afford it and really suffered.

Then I found GoodRX and the TOTAL copay for both prescriptions is $36.  

My pharmacy actually keeps my GoodRX coupons on file so they automatically apply them when I refil.  

Esteemed Contributor

The last time I had my thyroid med refilled, I checked out Single Care.  I usually use GoodRx.  Single Care was a better rate.  It works the same as Good Rx.  I had to print out a coupon.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Icegoddess.  Unfortunately, dog had a severe autoimmune disorder and eventually had to be euthanized.  I used to buy Voltaren from a Canadian Pharmacy.

I have good drug insurance and get what I need from them by mail order cheaper than I can get it anywhere else.

@Kachina624 So sorry.