Regular Contributor

I'm a front line health care worker.   My team is scheduled to receive the vaccination this week.

Dr. Fauci says it's safe so sign me up!

I'll keep you posted if you have any interest in what it's like.

Esteemed Contributor

My sisters got their vaccines. They both are hospital employees and one has MS.  So far so good.

Valued Contributor

My 20 something DIL just got her vaccination (Pfizer) last weekend.  The next day her arm was pretty sore, and she experienced muscle aches and a stuffy nose.  It did not last long and was over the next day.  She feels fine and empowered!  She works in a hospital lab and they handle COVID-19 samples all day long.  Very happy to know that she is on her way to being better protected.

Respected Contributor

Re: Getting the vaccination

[ Edited ]

People who work in a hospital are the luckiest ones to receive the vaccinations.  They have immediate access to emergency care should anaphylaxis or elevated heartbeat result.  This continues to happen to people when the mRNA shots are given. It is speculated that the PEG in the novel mRNA vaccines is what is causing the anaphylaxis in some healthcare workers.  Here's an article in Science that discusses the potential cause: https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/12/suspicions-grow-nanoparticles-pfizer-s-covid-19-vaccine-trig...

@hick, I truly wish the best for you--- no serious reaction -- for you or for anyone else working at your hospital.  If you do have a bad reaction, at least you are in the best possible location to have one.  

Valued Contributor

@hick  Best of luck. I’m so glad you will have this opportunity. My son who works in the ER of a large city hospital received his first shot a few days ago. Second shot scheduled for early January. No effects other than a sore arm and mild malaise for a day.

He worked through the nightmare here in NY last spring and I could hear a happiness and sense of relief in his voice that hasn’t been there for a long time. I know the next two months will be brutal until the vaccine becomes more widespread and I thank you so much for the work you do to keep us all safe.

Respected Contributor

@chvall99 wrote:

My 20 something DIL just got her vaccination (Pfizer) last weekend.  The next day her arm was pretty sore, and she experienced muscle aches and a stuffy nose.  It did not last long and was over the next day.  She feels fine and empowered!  She works in a hospital lab and they handle COVID-19 samples all day long.  Very happy to know

@chvall99 wrote:

My 20 something DIL just got her vaccination (Pfizer) last weekend.  The next day her arm was pretty sore, and she experienced muscle aches and a stuffy nose.  It did not last long and was over the next day.  She feels fine and empowered!  She works in a hospital lab and they handle COVID-19 samples all day long.  Very happy to know that she is on her way to being better protected.

EMPOWERED!.... spot on. Best wishes to your DIL and all those caring for the ill.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

People who work in a hospital are the luckiest ones to receive the vaccinations.  They have immediate access to emergency care should anaphylaxis or elevated heartbeat result.  This continues to happen to people when the mRNA shots are given. It is speculated that the PEG in the novel mRNA vaccines is what is causing the anaphylaxis in some healthcare workers.  Here's an article in Science that discusses the potential cause: https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/12/suspicions-grow-nanoparticles-pfizer-s-covid-19-vaccine-trig...

@hick, I truly wish the best for you--- no serious reaction -- for you or for anyone else working at your hospital.  If you do have a bad reaction, at least you are in the best possible location to have one.  

@Jersey Born 

I just read the excellent article and want to thank you for the link.👍

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

One of my friends works with the VA hospital. He walked onto his unit to a 'Code Blue,' being called for a coworker who had just received the vaccine. An allergic reaction was occurring. 

He was perplexed because the coworker didn't appear to be in any serious distress. He learned that out of safety precautions, any staff who had side effects would be whisked to the ER -- just in case. He thought it was a bit reactionary, since that's not the purpose of a 'Code Blue,' but relented it's better to be safe than sorry. Seems they're being very protective of their staff.  Good for them.

I hope that everyone receiving the vaccine are being told to wait a bit before trying to drive home, and that those administering the vaccine can manage any reactions. I know before I get my vaccine, I will ask these relevant questions. But, I can't wait to get the darn thing. 

Esteemed Contributor

And all of us thank you for caring for sick people.  We depend on you and bless you.

Honored Contributor

To all of you.......

See the source image