Contributor

Getting Fit & Staying Motivated

Thank you everyone that is going to embark on this fit journey with me. I really appreciate all the motivational comments on the old thread New Year.New You.New Me.

Also, I want to say congrats, to everyone that posted that has lost weight! Way to go!

This Week: Post a goal that you would like to accomplish.

Mine - Workout 4 times this week and drink my daily 8 ounces of water.

Let our journey begin. We are getting fit and staying motivated!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Getting Fit & Staying Motivated

I need motivation to stick to it!

Did well over the holidays. I had time off from work so it was easier to hit the gym, cook and eat more nutritious meals.

Ugh.....this week! The reality of heading back to work, long days. I got home and took a nap. I managed to eat well. Forgot my vitamins/supps this morning.

Work is interfering with my gym life!

Esteemed Contributor

I am on Day 1 of a lo-carb diet. I want to lose about 20#. I am already a vegetarian....I don't eat meat....so I'm going to concentrate on veggies. I do "100 squats a day" but so far, I'm only at 50 at a time.

Mandylee, do you mean you only drink 8 oz. of water daily? That's only one cup of water! Did you mean to say 8 GLASSES of water?

Super Contributor

Mandylee, glad you started this idea of everyone getting motivated. It has helped me get a 'jump-start'. I, like everyone else, have a goal of losing weight, about 15 pounds would put me over the moon. I already like to exercise, and do it daily, but my troubles are that I like to eat. I love to cook and eat. SOOOO, I am trying to cook healthier, and eat more fruits and veggies, and less sweets. I am not going to beat myself up if I have a cookie every now and then, and my goal is to lose 1 1/2 to 2 pounds a week. This is doable for me. Good luck to all, and let's keep this going!!

Respected Contributor

Many, just a comment about your water goal. Most experts recommend that we drink far more than 8 oz. a day. You might want to google it and see what's recommended for your weight and activity level. Just a suggestion. I'm not sure that 8 oz is enough to keep you from getting dehydrated. Yea that you've set goals!

Trusted Contributor

Glad to see this thread. I have been exercising at the gym 5 days a week and eating very healthy, lo carb for 4 months and have only lost 4 lbs. (2 lbs. the second month, 2 the 4th month) I have gradually increased my workouts, cardio and weights, but nothing seems to work. I need to lose 50 lbs and don't want it to take 4 years!

Contributor

Hi Everyone.

I hope that everyone had a productive week. I know the weekend can be challenging because of all the temptations are around more. I am going to look at the weekend as it is 2 days, 2 days that I need to work on me and not work on the sweets!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions on the water. I meant to say 8-8 ounces.

What will be your goal for next week? Think about it this weekend and I can't wait to read them.

Esteemed Contributor

Day 6 of lo-carb (yay). I have lost weight; I don't know how much because I don't use a scale. I feel so good about everything.

Honored Contributor

Just read something the other day about eggs/egg whites containing biotin, which may help control food cravings. Yorkie, if you enjoy scrambled eggs and you're not vegan, you might want to add some to your veggies. Works great for me!
Super Contributor

My gym finally got with the times and is now open 24 hrs......went today and it was awesome! Feel motivated and more energetic! Good luck to everyone!