Frequent Contributor

Get headaches with drastic changes in temperature

Mostly when it gets colder and Advil does not help. Does anyone else have this problem? This weather is killing me!

Occasional Visitor

Re: Get headaches with drastic changes in temperature

I will be following this thread, I too suffer from terrible headaches when the weather changes. Nothing seems to help. Glad I am not the only one...!

Super Contributor

Oh no, I feel your pain. Headaches can be very debilitating. I have to take prescription med, but I do carry Excedrin migraine too which sometimes helps. Humidity is the worst for me. I wish you luck.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I get hormonal and weather related migraines. I have tried every OTC medicine. What works best (but not great at all) is regular strength aspirin (325 mg - 2 tablets). Have you tried taking 3 of the meds instead of 2?   I just started a new migraine prescription that is really good. Also may look into massage and acupuncture in the future. Talk to your dr. It was my dr that said - "why do you put up with them?"

Super Contributor

I don't get headaches, but all my teeth ache!  I've been to the dentist so many times, and he has never found anything wrong.  It happens each year when it goes from cold to warm weather and vice versa.  My teeth and gums ache...sometimes on the left side, sometimes the right.  Sometimes the top, sometimes the bottom.  How weird is that?

Honored Contributor

The change in the barometric pressure has a LOT to do with it.    I can feel my steel "spare parts" aching...............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

The only thing that works for me is Tylenol Sinus........I feel like I have a hangover when the temp changes drastically.....especially in the morning.

Honored Contributor

For me it's not weather per se but change in the barometric pressure, especially from clear to cloudy/rainy, will start my "squishy eyebrow headaches." It can sometimes take up to two separate doses of Sudafed with Tylenol or Sudafed and Advil, before it kicks in. When my sinuses are truly painful only Sudafed will do it, even though it's bad for my BP and wires me up the wazoo. Nothing else works.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Contributor

Yes, the barometric pressure is a killer for me.  Any fluctuations, and I'm on the migraine train.  Only thing that works for me is Maxalt10 (Rx) and now that's starting not to work as well because I have taken it for so long.  I also get terrible tension in my neck and shoulders that triggers migraines.  Sometimes the extreme cold will cause me to tense up and trigger a headache.  One thing that has worked incredible wonders for me is Botox injections in my neck and shoulders...no more tension for at least 6 months.

Hope you all can find some relief!

Trusted Contributor

@Katyq wrote:

Mostly when it gets colder and Advil does not help. Does anyone else have this problem? This weather is killing me!

I don't get them from drastic temperature changes but I swear I can predict if it's going to rain or snow by my sinuses. Whenever that type of weather is predicted, I get killer sinus headaches that nothing helps. I take Tylenol if I need to but it only dulls the pain, it doesn't completely eliminate it.