Frequent Contributor

I heard about the GM diet today for the first time. I googled it and it looks very interesting...have any of you tried this diet and what did you think of it? It looks pretty easy to do. I think I am going to do it.

Super Contributor

Did you read all this? Sounds scary.

http://www.gmdietworks.com/

Respected Contributor

Easy to do? Hardly.

It's a scary diet, and I think General Motors should stick to building cars and stay out of dietary guidance!

Respected Contributor

With all the problems GM is having with recalls lately, they should stick to trying to put out a decent car and stay out of the diet business.

Occasional Contributor

I have been on countless diet plans in my life. Fad diets are geared toward quick weight loss and not toward maintaining weight loss. The maintaining part is really the most important. Most fad diets are too extreme to maintain and some aren't healthy for the long term (or the short term, for that matter). In my experience, any weight loss on these types of diets is usually gained back, with the addition of even more pounds.

Super Contributor
Any diet with ""Wonder Soup"" is a tell tale sign of a quack diet that will fail in the end.....
Honored Contributor
This is a joke, right?
Honored Contributor

This is one of the dumbest diets I have ever seen!

Honored Contributor

OMGosh... This is a joke, right? I can't believe people would still fall for such unhealthy fad diets that promise miracles in these times.

Honored Contributor

General Motors Diet

I have no idea what new "diet" this might be or what in includes. These things come and go and people spend millions, maybe billions now of $$$$ for a hope for a cure or an easy way to loose weight when there isn't one.

The only "long term solution(long term to me means the rest of ones life)" for weight loss and control along with most aiming to be more physically fit. This starts with realizing and recognizing that this cannot be a "a diet", it has to be a complete change of one's Lifestyle that were/are causing them to want to lose weight and keep it off.

Anyone that has lost weight knows it cannot be sustained long term without some permanent changes being made to both food intake/food sources and exercise. Sure it is harder for some than for others but I am one that believes and lives that "most serious things worth changing should not be easy".

And with a name like General Motors Diet? Please! Right now they are having enough problems with lawsuits and recalls to have their name being associated with food. My friend works for a GM Dealer as a mechanic(automotive engineer) and I just spoke with him earlier and he told me that 90% of his work day is spent working on the millions of GM vehicles being recalled going back to 1999.

Go with the proven way to lose weight/up your physical fitness capacity and be able to maintain it for the rest of your life. The formula for most without any physical ailments that preclude them from doing this will find the old methods that has been known for decades to be the best, and it is not a "secret diet. It is:

Less fuel intake and more fuel output, or eat less and better foods and burn up more food than you take in and all will be well. Don't look for overnight miracle cures as this is not it.

hckynut(john)