Frequent Contributor

Frustrated with Health Issues - Maybe Thyroid?

Hi Ladies -

It's been a few months since I posted last. I just wanted to write to say hello and also to vent a little. I feel like I'm not judged when I post on the boards and I need someone to "talk" to. Hopefully someone may be able to offer some insight. Just to give a quick summary - About 10 years ago I lost a bunch of weight without trying - in addition to a lot of hair. Was forcing calories to gain weight, had a real tough time putting on a few pounds over a few year. I sort of stabilized for a year or 2, then went through the cycle again with the losing weight and hair. This past may, I started losing hair (on head and body) and weight again - and had the tummy issues to go along with it. Again, forcing calories to try to gain weight. Was able to put on a few pounds over the summer but then lost the weight again at the beginning of September. Managed to put on a few pounds back, now I'm afraid I'm losing again! Anyone see a pattern?! Anyway, I've had EVERY test known to man! CT scans, blood work, endoscopies, lupus, etc... You name it, I've been tested. When doctors hear my symptoms, they immediately say "it's your thyroid" but my thyroid tests are ALWAYS normal. The doctor then says that it isn't a thyroid problem and says that I'm completely healthy. Has anyone had experience with similar symptoms? Has anyone ever been diagnosed with a thyroid issue but their thyroid blood tests have been normal? I feel so lost - I just want some answers and I want to feel normal again! Thank you all for listening. Be well.