Respected Contributor
For all of you that take vitamins and/or supplements, watch the rerun of this show. They are rerunning it around 2 a.m. depending on where you live.
Esteemed Contributor

I saw it and saved it in my DVR. Very interesting!

Respected Contributor

So, do they tell you to take supplements or not? 

Respected Contributor
Save your money. Most ingredients on the labels were either totally absent or trace amounts. Black cohosh (sp) used for post menopausal women was a joke.
It took people in Hawaii to go into liver failure before the FDA to launch an investigation.
What I took from this one hour program is, save your money AND buyer beware. You can end up doing more harm than good. You will get the vitamins your body needs by diet. The most misused was Vitamins C, E and D.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Frontline/PBS

[ Edited ]

It was very informative. I got up  and on my computer and cancelled a few of my standing  orders. Especially the vitamin D, I was taking. The Gov. should have more controll in this area. I had just started taking a few  about a little less than a year ago . My eye dr  just  advised me to take Lutien. Wondering if I should stop these too.     Smiley Sad

I wonder how Andrew Lessman will make out after this show??? I wouldn't even trust his company either.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

http://video.kera.org/video/2365646371/

@Gooday

KERA, our PBS station in DFW, has the online video

if you choose to watch now.

Link above ^^^^

Yep.  It's all about the food, yes?

Super Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
sidsmom

Re: Frontline/PBS[ New ]

http://video.kera.org/video/2365646371/

@Gooday

KERA, our PBS station in DFW, has the online video

if you choose to watch now.

Link above ^^^^

Yep.  It's all about the food, yes?

Thanks for the link !! I have always heard what your body does not need or use, it goes straight to the toliet !

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK
Respected Contributor
Golden gate ~ Lutein is for glaucoma. My dad has been taking it for nearly 2 years. It has helped in keeping it from progressing.
Honored Contributor

@Gooday wrote:
Golden gate ~ Lutein is for glaucoma. My dad has been taking it for nearly 2 years. It has helped in keeping it from progressing
@Gooday. I believe for macular degeneration and cataracts.....not so much Glaucoma.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The battle over taking vitamins and/or supplements is nothing new. I was reading about this battle in the 1970's, and not much has changed.

The ones that advocate taking vitamins and/or supplements have just as many "studies and literature" to back their theories as the opposing side touting all the dangers. Who to believe? I suggest each person do their own research and decide  "yay or nay".

This battle has changed their theories as often as our Nebraska weather reports, which at times seems to be by the minute.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)