Honored Contributor
NetFlix documentary, twelve people together loose 1200 pounds.
Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity  Thanks for the heads up.  I haven't seen this, but I will check it out.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity

Is your thread title the "title" of this documentary? I have Netflix and might want to check it out. Thank you,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity

Is your thread title the "title" of this documentary? I have Netflix and might want to check it out. Thank you,

hckynut(john)

. Yes...wonderful stories. Truly inspiring.💁
Honored Contributor

Hey @hckynut John:

Here's another story you might be interested in.

Tim Kaufmann of upstate New York.

He goes by 'fatmanrants' on all social media.

His story is so compelling...and he's a teacher so his explanation of

how he got from sick to well is beautifully told.

He & his wife, Heather, just finished Leadville recently...a huge 

milestone for both.  

If you have a chance just Google 'fatmanrants' and his Leadville

story, as well as a short video, will pop up.  Good guy.

IMG_2646.jpg

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom

Thank you for this info, I will put that on my "must read/see" list. I admire those that make the major changes in their lives that make such a big change in their happiness in all aspects of their lives.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut  I share your enthusiasm for those who push through and achieve....literally brings tears to my eyes and inspiration to my life.  I did google the title of the film and it came up with NetFlix after it.  I can sign in from there.  I also watched a trailer and looking forward to seeing the film (my to do list for tonight).  I also signed up for a free forum by the same name.  I'm always seeking inspiration and those of like mind.

Honored Contributor

Re: From Fat to Finish Line

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity  Watched this film last night on Netflix.  Always inspired by films where people are pushing their boundaries.  Almost each of the team members lost over 100 pounds and participating in a rigorous run...that is my tribe!  Very poignant moment when it was discovered that Jen's husband (who was obese also) was reunited with his wife and down 65 pounds as a result of joining her healthy lifestyle choices after their divorce!  I so enjoyed the camaraderie among the team members.  I always have a brief moment of sadness, as well as joy, after completing a challenging event because I realize the bond that was created by working together to reach a goal has now come to an end.  I would like to have heard a bit more about how each person lost their 100 pounds, knowing that this was a long term challenge.  Thanks for the share, loved it!