Honored Contributor

Now that allergy season is upon us, the post nasal drop that I experience on very high allergen days bothers my stomach.

It may have nothing to do with what you're comsuming.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I don't see any reason to be mean .   So it might be a stupid question -

Ladies and Gents.

For me there is no such thing as a stupid question. I do not/have not, and will never make anyone feel "less than" because they do not have all the answers, as someone here seems to want to project.

If your response for some reason made you feel better, good for you. I won't dignify your post with a direct response.

@natesgrandma

My response above is not directed at you.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Frequent Contributor

I guess i should have said upset stomach - I also have depression/anxiety so any stomach issue just makes me  so stressed out.  I thought a probiotic woud help but t has been  4 weeks and toay my stomach is really upset.  Thanks for the replies.  I just think I will off of it and makes some dietary changes. 

Respected Contributor

I had the same reaction with Friendly Flora after about a months use.  Changed to Fibermucil and it is milder, my body tolerates is much easier with the same results as Friendly Flora.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Friendly Flora help

[ Edited ]

@natesgrandmaI understand your question. I can not use any "friendly Flora" it gives me so much gas.

Actually I was surprised and so I tried many different brands. but found   I can only use Activia. But still get more gas than I ever had.....lol 

Hope that helps   Smiley Wink

Frequent Contributor

Thanks so much!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Based on your clarification of what's going on, the probiotic is probably helping, but maybe too much.   Friendly Flora may be too strong for you.   I prefer straight acidophilus daily, under $5 a bottle anywhere, and for me, it's been the most simple fix.   

Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@natesgrandmaI understand your question. I can not use any "friendly Flora" it gives me so much gas.

Actually I was surprised and so I tried many different brands. but found   I can only use Activia. But still get more gas than I ever had.....lol 

Hope that helps   Smiley Wink

Same here. Can't tolerate any probiotic. I end up with yeast overgrowth.  I do better with yogurt too. 

Respected Contributor

I've taken this product for years without a problem.  In fact, it has helped me with bloating and indigestion.  Sorry, it didn't seem to work for you.  You might want to look at something in your diet too. 

Esteemed Contributor

I remember having this  discussion  many yrs ago on this Q forum. Most of us couldn't tollerate any brand at all and most of us could only use Activia (or yogurt)

I never had problems untill I thought I needed some "friendly flora"..........,lol

@natesgrandma It may take you a while to get back to normal.......lol    It  normally takes about 4 weeks for the "flora" to beging working,then the problems begin...lol.

I have anxiety problems too, maybe we have too much time on our hands now  Smiley Wink.