Valued Contributor

Re: Fractured Humerus

[ Edited ]

P.S. if anyone is reading this thread with a new humerus fracture, I found a series of rehab exercise programs for the first 12 weeks of rehab by Adam Fields, DC on YouTube that were very helpful, in addition to my PT program.

Honored Contributor

Human Humerus Bones #2 Photograph by Sebastian Kaulitzki/science Photo Library - Fine Art America

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I'm sure that will take a lot longer to heal than 3 months. I hope your therapy gives you fill motion with your arm.

I know it's no fun.

I blacked out about 8 months ago. It messed up my lower back & hips. The doctor didn't ask me about my back even after telling him it hurt. He was more concerned about me blacking out.

I have been using a near red with infrared therapy pad on hips, lower back daily. 

Honored Contributor

@marip ---so sorry!! I broke my left wrist a few years ago--went to pt and worked my fanny off to do as much at home as I could to get back full function. As much as I hate p/t you have to do it ---then in 2022 I broke my right ankle---son of a biscuit--that was horrible,  but had p/t come to my apt for 2x weekly sessions. again--you have to work at it as much as you can with them as well as at home. 8 weeks isn't enough time to get it working right again. It took a solid year for both things I broke. 

Honored Contributor

That's a rough one. Give it time.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got my arm x-ray test results and it says loss of ongoing healing of fractured arm.

What does this mean?  My doctor did not say anything about this when I was in his office.  Next month I'm suppose to get another xray

Super Contributor

@marip 

I don't know what 'loss of ongoing healing' means .... but I would probably send a note to the doctor.  

Contributor

Loss ongoing healing of the fracture means failed or delayed healing. I looked it up online. My doctor said I may or may not get full range of motion back.  I'm going to continue doing therapy.

Contributor

I get pain in the arm during the night.  Anyone here have pain during the night but not so much during the day.  Very uncomfortable.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@marip  I hope you're doing and feeling better.

I was sad to read that so many ladies have suffered fractures. I hope and pray all will feel better as time goes on.  I have only experienced rib fractures and healing was a painful process, but by eight weeks my fractures had healed.  

@Desertdi @Mom2Dogs @cantdrive55 @tansy