Honored Contributor

VRe: For those that take cholesterol meds...

@Trinity11 

I was wondering how you were doing. Been awhile since I have seen you post in this forum. Will admit however, there are some posts here that I do not open, mainly because I have nothing to offer to the topic.  At times, the thread pertains to women only topics.

Glad to see your EF number are in a near normal range. My EF number, falls into the low normal range, but the old ticker is still able to keep my body functioning well, when pushing to my higher heart rate levels when ice skating.

Plus, I just feel great, physically and mentally, with my ability to still skate at a pretty high level. At my age and with physical history I sometimes surprise myself. With luck and optimism I am fortunate to be where I am at this time. I live every day appreciating the life I am now living.

Take care and stay at your best wellness.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Re: VRe: For those that take cholesterol meds...

@hckynut wrote:

@Trinity11 

I was wondering how you were doing. Been awhile since I have seen you post in this forum. Will admit however, there are some posts here that I do not open, mainly because I have nothing to offer to the topic.  At times, the thread pertains to women only topics.

Glad to see your EF number are in a near normal range. My EF number, falls into the low normal range, but the old ticker is still able to keep my body functioning well, when pushing to my higher heart rate levels when ice skating.

Plus, I just feel great, physically and mentally, with my ability to still skate at a pretty high level. At my age and with physical history I sometimes surprise myself. With luck and optimism I am fortunate to be where I am at this time. I live every day appreciating the life I am now living.

Take care and stay at your best wellness.

hckynut

@hckynut , I took a break from posting. Good to be back!

You were my inspiration during my deep depression after my second heart attack. When I didn't want to exercise, I used to enjoy reading your optimistic posts and it helped me to not give up. In a really good place now, I look forward to a future I never believed I would live to see. Thank you...you made a difference in this poster's life.

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 

I am glad to see you posting again too!  I think of you every morning when I am able to enjoy my mug of coffee because you recommended Prelief to me!

Thank you again for that!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

@Trinity11 

I am glad to see you posting again too!  I think of you every morning when I am able to enjoy my mug of coffee because you recommended Prelief to me!

Thank you again for that!

@4kitties , I am so happy it helped you!! I learned about it probably 20 years ago and use it everyday..

Respected Contributor

Re: For those that take cholesterol meds...

.I lived the keto diet for most of my life. As a Type 1 diabetic I used it to control my diabetes. I refused statins and had your mindset until in 2016 I had a major heart attack called the widow maker. In 2017 once again a part of my left descending artery blocked again. 5 stents later and a balloon, I finally agreed to statins in 2017. I no longer follow the diet you are following and even managed to get out of heart failure with a near normal ejection fraction.

The diet Berry is promoting is a recipe for disaster. Telling patients that statins cause dementia with no real data to support it? No wonder this doctor may lose his license...

@Trinity11 - it is so nice to see you posting again! I hope that all is well with you! 😁

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For those that seem to fear a keto/low carb lifestyle, here is our dinner menu for tonight:

- Leftover brisket from the 4th

- Salad - about 1/2 of the veggies are homegrown! - w/Primal Kitchen salad dressing made with avacado oil & no sugars or trans fat!

- Small bowls of strawberries (also freshly picked today) with keto/low carb (meaning - no sugar) whipped cream

Yum...can't wait! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

.I lived the keto diet for most of my life. As a Type 1 diabetic I used it to control my diabetes. I refused statins and had your mindset until in 2016 I had a major heart attack called the widow maker. In 2017 once again a part of my left descending artery blocked again. 5 stents later and a balloon, I finally agreed to statins in 2017. I no longer follow the diet you are following and even managed to get out of heart failure with a near normal ejection fraction.

The diet Berry is promoting is a recipe for disaster. Telling patients that statins cause dementia with no real data to support it? No wonder this doctor may lose his license...

@Trinity11 - it is so nice to see you posting again! I hope that all is well with you! 😁

Thank you @mom2four0418 . Doing very well. My son had postponed his wedding last year and getting married this September. Really looking forward to it!

Respected Contributor

Not getting medical advice off YouTube or Facebook. , I listen to my doctors who have not had their license suspended.  So far at age 71 this has served me well. 

Trusted Contributor

I am reasonably thin, eat reasonably well, never smoked, and get a lot of daily exercise.  Even with all these factors, my cholesterol kept raising.  My doctor put me on Lipitor about 8 years ago.  I asked her if I had to be on it long term and she said unless I wanted to have a heart attack. I trust my doctor and she is very good and very caring.  

Honored Contributor

Sadly, most MD's believe the cholesterol myths (lies) and prescribe many medications without understanding the source of a particular issue.  It's easier for them to medicate rather than correct.  There is zero evidence that high cholesterol causes heart disease.  Most people don't understand that only a small percentage of cholesterol comes from the foods we eat.  Our bodies make the rest.