Honored Contributor
In the process of watching first time. Director Robert Kenner's provocative, Oscar nominated documentary looks at the food industry's harmful effects on human health and the environment. Breaks my heart seeing what is happening and the fact allowed.
Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
In the process of watching first time. Director Robert Kenner's provocative, Oscar nominated documentary looks at the food industry's harmful effects on human health and the environment. Breaks my heart seeing what is happening and the fact allowed.

@Sweet_Serenity  I've seen this documentary. 

Also keep an eye out for SEED:  The Untold Story.  PBS ran it last April but reruns have shown up.  A very careful look at the diminishing varieties of seeds and the varieties of produce -some reduced to only 1 variety vs. the 15 or so that used to exist.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity  I've seen this documentary. 

Also keep an eye out for SEED:  The Untold Story.  PBS ran it last April but reruns have shown up.  A very careful look at the diminishing varieties of seeds and the varieties of produce -some reduced to only 1 variety vs. the 15 or so that used to exist.

How can this be possible? Treatment of chickens and so on. Knew to some extent animals were mistreated never imagined this bad. Thank you for taking the time I'll search for the documentary.
Respected Contributor

I live in the country during the summer .. many farms where cows

graze free outside ... on the way to the market however is a factory

farm that the cows never leave the barn .. I have to turn my head

away whenever we pass this farm ...

Respected Contributor

We also had a period about 3 years ago where farmers were docking

cows tailes .. I guess if you get a twisher ....it can really hurt if it hits you ...

This nearly drove me wild ,,,,,luckily the trend has tapered off and I

don't see this much anymore ...Thank the Lord....

Honored Contributor

@Big Joanie Smiley SadSmiley SadSmiley SadSmiley Sad

@Big Joanie wrote:

I live in the country during the summer .. many farms where cows

graze free outside ... on the way to the market however is a factory

farm that the cows never leave the barn .. I have to turn my head

away whenever we pass this farm ...