@lolakimono
Thank you for brightening my day💗
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 

Maybe it is"herd immunity."

lol not saying your DH is a cow

There must be something to that group immunity though 

maybe we should all go to our local schools and volunteer (nooooooo) and then go

mingle with the shingles (wherever that is!)❤️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

Get well soon @LTT1  💐🧡

⚓️
Respected Contributor

i am so sorry to hear this, @LTT1 .   i am learning something new every day about health issues, it seems.  i do hope that you heal up quickly!  

Trusted Contributor

I walked into an urgent care clinic the Friday after Christmas due to some aching in my chest and back. I was concerned that it might be my heart. The waiting room was full of people with the flu - hacking and coughing. I cringed. As soon as I mentioned chest pain, though, I was rushed right back and they proceeded to do an EKG and draw blood. They didn't even give me time to say that I was not feeling any pain at the moment. It was no heart attack, thank God. However, the nurse told me that this year's version of the flu is different and might just start with a bad headache and not fever, congestion, and that usual crud. She said  that even those who got the flu shot are still getting the flu.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Respected Contributor

Just reading about you being a teacher and not getting flu/colds is amazing!  I used to work at a hospital...upstairs were our offices and below us was the walk in clinic.  When I worked there I got so ill...each yr. flu and horrible colds.  That place downtown had everything you can imagine coming thur the door...ambulances, police, walk ins....sick to drunk...to high!  We did intakes upstairs for the substance abuse program inpatient.  

Hope you feel better soon!

Respected Contributor

@Sapphiregal  so basically this yrs vaccine isn't working then?  

Honored Contributor

Did they ask you about Xofluza? @LTT1 

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1  My son nearly passed out at work on Friday, and he was sent to Urgent Care. He was diagnosed with type B, but the doctor said he had progressed too far to get TamiFlu. Still under the weather today, but I think he'll go to work tomorrow. We always get sick after the grandchildren visit at Christmas. My DH and I just got head colds. Our son is the only one who didn't get his flu shot this year, so I don't know if that's why he got sick. It's the first time he has been really sick in his adult life, and I think he's actually offended - hahahaha!

Honored Contributor

I feel so sorry for anyone I who gets the flu.  It sounds really awful.

For some reason, no one in my family has ever had it.  That includes my mother, father, siblings, my DH, our children or grandchildren.

My older sister gets the flu shot, but I don't think anyone else does.  I have never had the flu or flu shot. luckily, I never get any respiratory problems.

However, I am not completely off of the hook. If a gastrointestinal illness comes to town, I am first in line to get it.

I think the human body has strong and weak points.  We are susceptible to different illnesses.