Honored Contributor

Had these shots on Wed. morning-still feeling the effects. Can't believe how awful I feel.

Regular Contributor

I got the shingles shots last year and I felt awful after them too.  But it was only for a day or two.  I think that's to be expected with the shingles shot.  

Valued Contributor

Same here. After first shingles shot I felt like I had no energy at all and my arm was red with a knot and feverish. It lasted about 5 days or so. It didn't bother my husband near as much. I was really dreading the second shot which I got about 3 weeks ago and that one wasn't the issue that first shot was.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1   The shingles shot comes in 2 parts.  Your second shot I believe is after 6 mos.  I had the shingles and did not feel anything except where the needle site was located.   I hope you feel better soon.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Had these shots on Wed. morning-still feeling the effects. Can't believe how awful I feel.

I got shingles several  years ago..the shot was too expensive! I had it again, if you can believe it!  I feel your pain! Woman Sad

Super Contributor

I've had both, but never together. No side effects from flu shots, but part one of the shingle shot threw me for a loop. Felt like I had been run over by a truck and a train for like two days. Luckily part two wasn't as bad, but I still felt rough. Hope you get feeling better soon! 

Honored Contributor

The senior flu shot did a number on me this year

Respected Contributor

i had my senior flu shot and it knocked me!  round one of the shingles shot in august was not quite as bad, but i definitely was off my game.   had my second shingles shot yesterday and i feel pretty much like ****** today.  so glad these are taken care of! 

Esteemed Contributor

My husband and I got the regular flu shot even though we are both 65 and we felt awful the next day. Chills, aches and tired. This time I felt the ache and stiffness in my arm on the drive home and Walgreens is a 5 minute drive from home. Never had that before. Usually the only symptom I get is a sore arm. 

Honored Contributor

You were brave!  I'm always reluctant to get two different shots at the same time.  The shingrix shots didn't bother me much.  The first one, not at all.  The 2nd one my arm hurt for a couple of days. Got those shots late last year, as I recall.  No adverse effects at all from the flu shot.  Got that earlier this month.