Occasional Contributor

I am wanting to purchase one of the activity tracker bracelets. I have got two in mind Fitbit charge HR or Garmin viosmart HR.

Both are similar but I would like some input  from anyone who has one of these or knows any good facts.

Simply I am interesed in heart rate during cardio wihich both have then just basics calories, steps ect.

Thank you in advace....hope to hear some reviews...

Respected Contributor

I have both.  The first was the Fitbit Flex, waste of $, it worked fine, but after 3 months  I could no longer charge it.  It wouldnt fit correctly in the holder and connect.  For that much $ it should last.  Got a fitbit One, love it.. Very accurate and o charging problems.  Then my son gave me the garmin Vivo for mothers day. I like it and it works fine, but I have found I dont like anything on my wrist especially if its hot out.. so I use the One because I can clip it to my bra or waistband or just stick it in my pocket.

Esteemed Contributor

I had the same experience with the FitBit Flex, wouldn't charge after two months. In the time that I had it, it came unclipped on my wrist twice, I definitely don't recommend FitBit.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Contributor

Re: Fitbit or Garmin ???

[ Edited ]

I have a Garmin Vivofit and it's OK. Not great, but OK. I bought it specifically because it's waterproof and a lot of my exercise is in the pool. It doesn't track movement in the pool very well though. I can swim laps for 30 minutes, followed by an hour of Hydrofit and it'll only record 1500-2000 steps. On the other hand, it'll record 8000 steps for 45 minutes of Zumba, which is definitely over counting. I think it works best for walking, running, elliptical, etc. 

~not a new poster, not a new name, never banned, not my first day at the rodeo~
Occasional Contributor

Thank You to all....I guess I will just doing what I am doing until I find the right oneSmiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Re: Fitbit or Garmin ???

[ Edited ]

@MaggieMack wrote:

I had the same experience with the FitBit Flex, wouldn't charge after two months. In the time that I had it, it came unclipped on my wrist twice, I definitely don't recommend FitBit.

@MaggieMack, my husband had the same problems with his..  after the first bout of losing charge, he was contacted & they sent him another one..  which seemed to be working lots better but kept coming unclipped on his wrist..  Lo and behold it fell off his arm at Busch Gardens a couple weeks ago and was gone-  all FitBit said was they were sorry..  Lots and lots of complaints about them coming off the wrists too.  He ordered another one so we shall see how this one works. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

If you are interested in FitBit and would like to ensure that is does not pop off your wrist there are slip on fasteners that I bought from Amazon.  A bunch of different colors come in a bag.  I don't remember the exact price but it was inexpenisve.  I am interested in the new FitBit due out this Spring.