Trusted Contributor
I know I'm not the only one, but I really don't like feeling this constant edginess. To me, it's that "waiting for the other shoe to drop" feeling. Life is totally changing for all of us on a daily basis and though I really hope it's only temporary it just seems so surreal to be living through it. I used this word on another forum because it's the only word that pops into my head when I really think about what life is like now. I wish for all of us strength, calmness and strong coping mechanisms, moving forward.
Respected Contributor

Well said , i think with the exception of a few , that is a good decription of how i feel and i am sure the majority. It will turn out to be nothing or a nightmare.

Honored Contributor

@hooked on books -

I think a lot of people are feeling the same way. You described it very well

unfortunately.

It does seem unreal and surreal!

I noticed today I can get irritable which is not my usual but then think everything is ok but not ok and we don't know how it will be or what will happen.

Some in my family are wondering if they have a cold or allergies and then start thinking yikes is it the virus

or what. But then I think what can you do for it anyway? So very unnerving isn't it?

I'm determined to make each moment one of kindness, to love and take care of those I love and to give my grandchildren calmness and fun and love.

They only know their world and what they are doing and feeling moment by moment and that puts me in the world of this moment every time I see them which is every day.

I think about all the people worried about their jobs or businesses, children and people worried about having enough food or to pay bills or medical care, animals who may need help, all of us who worry about our family we can't see, those who had to cancel weddings and not attend funerals. It is just a whole different world for all of us now. How we treat each other will be our legacy. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@hooked on books  Feeling edgy is a good description for the way I am feeling also.  I went out yesterday to finish some errands before my shelter in place for who knows how long.  Restaurants are closed, so didn't do my normal lunch out.

Of course I am worried about the virus, but my edginess is more related to what it has changed our world.  Schools, Churches, restaurants, businesses closed, lack of products on grocery shelves, changes in access to our physicians.  Worried about the effect on our economy, businesses and life in general.  Just everything.  I feel like I am living in a different world that won't get back to normal.

Usually I am a pretty upbeat person, but this has affected me.  In my trip out yesterday I kept my distance from everyone, which is opposite of my normal friendliness and enjoyment of interacting with people.  And yes, I feel edgy today.  Hope it passes, but it is going to be hard to shelter in place, especially if it turns into a lengthy period.

Trusted Contributor
@MW in Iowa, yes, and the in-between is getting really nervewracking(at least for me it is)!😷
Trusted Contributor
@on the bay
@KathyM23, I think having this forum/thread is a good thing because we can express our feelings and support each other as we go through these frightening and unsure times! 😷
Honored Contributor

@hooked on books -

I think so tooSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

That is how I feel a lot of the time. I have anxiety and much of the time I have a handle on it to a degree but then there are other times --as you say --you are waiting for the other shoe to drop. The shoe will drop at some point and it just up to us to know that we have the strength to carry on. 

it is at time like this that I really miss my father. I am fortunate to have my mother who is in her late 80's and I think that is a good reason that I am on edge. It is because she is older and she does have severe underlying health conditions. She is strong and determined and has met a lot of shoe dropping events and she has come out the other end still wanting to go on. I have that to go on too. I have met my own share of health issues and well --let's just say I am stubborn. I am doing more than I was expected after a major health event.

I have a sibling who had stage 4 cancer. A chance of 5-10 % is what they were given. That was in 2000-2001 and they are still rearing to go. 

My father would say this too shall pass. It is just hard while you are going though it because the unknown is a bit scary.

Wishing all the best.

Trusted Contributor

I'm right there with you. Both my husband and our son work in hospitals. My husband works behind the scenes and has no contact with patients. Our son, on the other hand, works intake at the ER in a different hospital. He texted me tonight and told me they had two confirmed virus patients admitted this evening. Gives me even more anxiety than my usual anxiety. We can only do what we can do. I will be sleeping when my son gets home from work. So I guess I have to wait until tomorrow for more info from him. Wish us luck!

Trusted Contributor

I feel  something beyond edgy.