Contributor
What is your favorite protein bar?
Frequent Contributor

I like most Quest bars...... but I need a tall glass of water to eat them.

Respected Contributor

I always carry one with me.  At one point, I was using them as a meal replacement on busy days, or for weight loss because it was a controlled amount.  To me, they taste like candy-love BUT I began to take a hard look at ingredients, and while I haven't axed them totally, I am more careful.  For the past year, I have been using Kind Bars and I look for varieties with 7 gsm of sugar or less.  

Kind dark chocolate almond is my favorite: they used to make that variety with a little pop of cayenne and I adored it.  I always look for it, but I haven't seen it the past year.  If the Q sells it, I will buy a case!

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

KIND bars are good, but I don't think QVC had them as a TSV for quite some time.  When they did, I got them on auto delivery.

Respected Contributor

I love the Quest bars also, but just cant eat them.  They are just too much like candy.

Honored Contributor

A couple of years ago I was watching Dr. Oz's program, and he had a nutritionist and another health expert on the program. The subject was protein bars.

After the "quest" they went on to find the correct balance in a bar (and they went thru a few dozen bars and brands), they came up with the following findings:

The bar must have:

• At least 10 grams of protein
  • Less than 15 grams of sugar
  • Less than 4 grams of saturated fat
  • Less than 350 calories

When it comes to weight loss, their findings were that the bar needs to have 9 grams of fiber.

Dr. Oz said Quest was a good bar, and specifically the coconut tropical favored one. He also mentioned the Fiber One Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar.

Honored Contributor

I do Primal Blueprint, so the only ones that work for me are the LaraBar Cashew Cookie.

Ingredients:  Cashews and dates.

I like the mini size.  Perfect for my pursue.  So I buy the mini variety pack for work and keep the Cashew Cookie for myself ;O

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

(thread title)

I don't have one because I do not eat them. For me I get more protein in 2 tbs of natural peanut butter(9gms) than most protein bars(7gms). Drink 8 oz. glass of milk and cover most of my body's needs. Plus, I LOVE Natural Fresh Ground PB.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I don't eat them.  The protein source is usually soy isolate and that stuff is just junk.

Nut and fruit bars are nice energy bars if you need that sort of concentrated energy (they come with a rather high calorie count) and are high in carbohydrate but not protein.  I had a love affair with some of the Larabar ones but they were like eating cookes and candy bars and started to make me a little fluffy.

So I just stay away from them.  You're better off with a good quality protein and a piece of fruit or some raw vegetables.  Or a handful of raw nuts and half an apple.

Honored Contributor

For a period during 2015-2016, we had Quest Bars on an auto ship plan.  You have to read the labels because only a few are made with Stevia.  Others are made with sucralose, which is something I prefer not to eat if at all possible.  At some point during 2016 we discovered a dupe at Costco.  They only come in a mixed box of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Chocolate Brownie, but that's fine with us.  They are made with Stevia are less expensive than the Quest Bars, have 21 grams of protein, and are gluten free.