Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite At Home Exercise

We have an fitness room in our home that consists of a treadmill and elliptical machine. I really love using both but currently my dh and I walk outside. We've lost quite a bit of weight the past year and a half from walking. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Does anyone stream Miranda esmonds White's classical stretch?

Honored Contributor

I follow Yoga with Adriene's calendar on youtube. Just got a Halo View so I will be following their exercise programs now too.

Super Contributor

We have a fitness room up at our clubhouse and I like to use the elliptical machine there. At home we have several dvds with most of them being Leslie Sansone and Jessica Smith. Usually we exercise to videos on YouTube. I have a step and follow cdornerfitness doing her basic-intermediate step routines. There are so many people I enjoy on YouTube- it depends what I'm in the mood for and how I'm feeling. My DH does a lot of weightlifting videos on there and teambodyproject videos.

Trusted Contributor

DH and I prefer walking outside rather than being inside. We are so blessed to have very warm weather for the coming week; it was 82 on Christmas Day, a new record, so we are glad to take advantage of such nice weather to do some extra walking. He has several health issues so walking works best for both of us. I never like doing it on a treadmill....when the weather is too wet or cold, we head to one of the few remaining malls here and walk all three floors several times. We try and do an hour or more each day. The mall used to open just for mall-walkers early before the stores opened but they stopped doing that during Covid. Hope they will resume that eventually.

Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl  Thanks for this interesting topic! I walk 3-5 miles every day with or without my husband.  I also have a Tony Little gazelle I use occasionally.  I have a new puppy and she keeps me HOPPIN all day long!  Very interesting to me to read what other posters do

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

I really enjoy Jenny McClendon’s videos on YouTube, just about every day.  Also, Leslie Sansone is very good. Plus, we walk a lot, too.

Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl 

I will have to look for that as I've been doing her 30 minute connective tissue workout for several months. 

While it gets repetitive, It's a good stretch before doing my spin bike.

Respected Contributor

I stay faithful to my Rebounder. I love it. I started in the early 2000's with the Urban Rebounder, graduated to a Jump Sport and now I own a Bellicon. 

Respected Contributor

Purchased myself a LifeTime Fitness Elliptical 3 or so yrs ago and I really love doing that.  I mostly do this for cardio of course 3 days or 4 per week.  I enjoy free weights and have followed some instruction on YouTube.  I do own a Total gym and use it on and off....for some reason I do better with the free weights.  I am such a newbie to fitness in anyway LOL but I have found some things I will actually DO and that is what matters.  Also I am not a gym person as that requires going out in the cold to get somewhere to workout so having everything I need at home suits me best.

I would love to take a Barr class in future or even Yoga perhaps....say 1 time per week.  Maybe this New Yr will be the year I sign up for it!Woman LOL