Esteemed Contributor

Fall weather and sore throat

anyone else having a scratchy , raw throat since it's gotten cooler?   It feels like junk at the bottom of my throat that makes me feel like coughing.   I take Allegra everyday too, but i do feel it's allergies we have a lot of golden rod around our wooded area and have  been told it can cause allergies to act up.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Fall weather and sore throat

I don't know if ours  was allergies or a cold but I served up homemade chicken and rice soup for 3 nights straight - with a side of little fresh oranges for dessert....all the laryngitis/cough went away...just saying...

Honored Contributor

Indeed, I'm the poster girl for sore throat and ear aches once cool, windy weather hits.

Esteemed Contributor

My sinuses go crazy when it's chilly and damp.  I feel like swallowed Elmer's glue.  Constantly blowig my nose and sneezing.  I never had allergies when I was younger but this doesn't feel like a common cold.

Honored Contributor

Definitely.  Add in drippy nose, plugged ears and sinus headaches.

Ragweed, mold and people burning this time of year get to me every year.

Makes me mad.  It's beautiful outside and I feel crummy. ☹️

Respected Contributor

Sudafed helps my head/sinus symptoms. I feel like I'm 

under water. Don't take it often since it literally keeps

me awake all night (I suffer from insomnia to start with).

Hope everyone feels better soon.

Honored Contributor

The air is full of mold and mildew spores as leaves and pine needles start dropping.   

I use earplugs when I wash my hair, as any water in my ears causes problems; also have to keep my ears covered when it gets cold.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know my sore, scratchy throat is due to fall allergies because it happens to me every year.  It will end right after we get the first hard frost.  My eyes are watery and itchy too.  I don't know what I am allergic too, I don't think it matters.  Benedryl helps a lot but it makes me drowsy so I take it in the evening.  

Esteemed Contributor

If your furnace is ON..............get the humidifier out and working. I have one UP and one DOWN - -- the air is dry now.

Esteemed Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

I don't know if ours  was allergies or a cold but I served up homemade chicken and rice soup for 3 nights straight - with a side of little fresh oranges for dessert....all the laryngitis/cough went away...just saying...

@sarahpanda   Funny you say chicken soup cause I made that today along with beef stew and my DH wanted the stew and I saved the soup for tomorrow should have had it today as I know that chicken soup can pretty much stop a cold or anything in its tracks  .   Tried and true !   Tomorrow for sure .